• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday WRUW?

5 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Well I never did reach the windmills, because the enchanted wood called me this-a-way, and the wind farm is that-a-way.

IMG_20210515_084834660(1).thumb.jpg.f2d0238460eca9833118f721e82ef57d.jpg

Open moorland Vs Dingle Dell - easy decision in the wet rain!

Whatever would Miguel de Cervantes say? :huh: :tongue:

• Like 1

The watch that started this silly obsession is on my wrist today.

I've told this (true) story before, so "old stagers" should avert their eyes.

A (very) few years ago I worked for some years on a "turn around" project in business. It worked out quite well, and I promised myself that, when it eventually fructified, I would buy myself another watch. I was already a bit of a fan of watches in a small way, and owned a Rolex, a Cartier and an AP. I thought I wanted a Breguet next, but a lengthy investigative visit to (very helpful) Wempe persuaded me that a Lange 1 was my real target. After the arrival of the funds, I returned to do the deal. Unfortunately though, I saw this watch  --  and was seduced. Somehow, whilst the concept is undoubtedly very similar, this appealed to my aesthetic taste even more than the Lange. Whilst the movement was admittedly not finished to the Lange standard (although very acceptable in its own right), I found the dial design more harmonious. And the final USP was that the two digits in the date display were coplanar (once you have seen this not to be the case with the Lange, you cannot "unsee" it).

So, I bought the GO  --  and have never regretted that decision. 

The only "problem" was that the GO was only a quarter as expensive as the Lange, so I decided that the "saving" could also be spent on watches  --  and promptly joined this forum for research purposes. And, of course  --  with your expert encouragement  --  found it impossible to stop once my "saving" had been blown.

It's all the fault of this poor little watch . . . . . . .

20210515a-1200.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Right, sorted out for the day, decided to go for a Stealthy Saturday...

16210765931828796210568154953568.thumb.jpg.68a06fb1a0916b8ca52bf020f991e31d.jpg

7 minutes ago, odyseus10 said:

The one and only Rolex GMT II “Pepsi” on a Jubilee bracelet :)

large.B51E4FA2-2C16-485E-AD95-518E987105BB.jpeg.a6fe7d7a203fc1a36fd3d18e4cf334c1.jpeg

Stealthy.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

I'll play today.  Seeing all the vintage lovelies, inspired me to put on my Grandfather's Villard.  Yes, the date is wrong and will perpetually remain so, as there's no quick set and a stiff crown gave rise to a blister last time I moved it 20+ days.

I have however decided that at 34mm, this is definitely my maximum limit on size.  It looks okay in the photo, but it doesn't sit that neatly and once you get to 18mm+lugs, the straps are too long and I end up with excess leather.  Buckles are also too cumbersome, as the more curved profile of my wrist don't allow it to sit as nicely would on a wider gentleman's wrist.  I can rarely tolerate it all day.  I do however love it's horizontal batons, so do like to look at it once in a while and allow its heart to beat for for me periodically.

Villard_20210515_122755.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Whatever would Miguel de Cervantes say? :huh: :tongue:

Not sure, but I did tilt my cap at the bluebells.

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Right, sorted out for the day, decided to go for a Stealthy Saturday...

16210765931828796210568154953568.thumb.jpg.68a06fb1a0916b8ca52bf020f991e31d.jpg

Stealthy.

Listen Baldric, that's about as stealthy as a flamingo that's been eating pink blancmange made with bio-luminescent plankton.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Nerves are churning right now

20210515_124850

And I did take off an 18k Ebel El primero to wear this watch!

As a card carrying, rabid Forest fan, I wish you all the luck in the world today!

#big6my@rse

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jersey1965 said:

Pm me if u decide to let go

Will do.

Just having a long hard think about what I own, and what I wear.

It's silly to own a beautiful watch like this and not wear it. I've never been out of the house with it as I don't want it scratched.

Watches are for wearing...not sitting in a box 24/7.

Late to the party today. This is my second attempt at finding a case for this Citizen Cal 0201 I bought as a donor and found I didn't need. I had the movement, (rather tatty) dial and two hands from the donor, the 4-020618 case and second hand came in a cheapy from India. The "restored" dial on that one had apparently been reassembled while the paint was still wet, since I had to clean it off the inside of the crystal. That means I still have a spare working 0201 - this could go on for ever. :crazy5vh:

Citizen cal 0201

Anyway, It's kept good time overnight and proves I can sometimes get a crown and stem out without destroying the watch. :biggrin:

• Like 5

Ordered a couple months ago. Just arrived and had forgotten all about it. Already have my red dial grail with the Alexander Shorokhoff New Planet, so this will be an added bonus for one of the winners of the most recent JayDeep giveaway! Just wanted to wear it at least once before I donated it to another's collection.

The red is to die for on this one! Actually a deeper and richer tone of red than my New Planet, which, in fact, I prefer. I just hate Vostok's use of acrylic crystals and free moving bezels. Second biggest pet peeve with watch bezels for me and first pet peeve with watch crystals. Subpar materials and design flaw as far as I'm concerned.

IMG_20210515_075311.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I started the day with a couple of Russian watches,  & I`m finishing  with another one plus  a product from Switzerland ...

ETERNA AIRFORCE III, Valjoux cal.7750, 25 Jewels

& Полет Авиатор хронограф, кал.3133, 23 КАМНЯ (Poljot Aviator Chronograph, cal.3133, 23 Jewels).

2055073134_ETERNAAIRFORCEIIIValjouxcal.775025Jewels.313323(PoljotAviatorChronographcal.313323Jewels)..thumb.gif.a12410dcd87119337cef7d45c8258665.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayDeep said:

Ordered a couple months ago. Just arrived and had forgotten all about it. Already have my red dial grail with the Alexander Shorokhoff New Planet, so this will be an added bonus for one of the winners of the most recent JayDeep giveaway! Just wanted to wear it at least once before I donated it to another's collection.

The red is to die for on this one! Actually a deeper and richer tone of red than my New Planet, which, in fact, I prefer. I just hate Vostok's use of acrylic crystals and free moving bezels. Second biggest pet peeve with watch bezels for me and first pet peeve with watch crystals. Subpar materials and design flaw as far as I'm concerned.

IMG_20210515_075311.jpg

Beautiful deep red colour :yes:

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, JayDeep said:

IMG_20210515_075311.jpg

That is the redest watch I have ever seen, please don't drive past any fields containing bulls.

7 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

51181209349_1efdefcdab_c.jpg

Very Seamaster 300esq.

:thumbs_up: