• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Zenith 2522C Balance Jewel Clip Retainer

MattRHale

Question

Hi There, first timer here. 

I have a Zenith 2522C movement that I'm using to learn some watch repair skills. I'm having a real problem trying to reattach the top balance jewel to the bridge. There's a U shaped clip retainer that holds the jewel assembly in the hole.

I can't seem to slide that clip into the grooves in the jewel. Aside from needing 3 hands, is there something I'm missing? The clip doesn't find the groove and pings off. 

So assuming I can find it, what's the technique? But assuming I can't find it, can I get a replacement clip for pennies or better to pay pounds for a new balance assembly? Would it even come with the clip?

Thanks for reading!

MRH

2 answers to this question