• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Monday, Hurrah! WRUW this 17 May?

Jet Jetski

I think I`ll start the day off the  with Yuri ....

Gagarin-DSC_0033L2_zpspwgzh3fb.thumb.gif.a4b2f39ecfc312f7b69ba74880347ae1.gif

Штурманские Гагарины (2609370124 & 260937016  ), производства Россия, Poljot cal. 2609 17 камней

(Sturmanskie Gagarin [2609370124 & 260937016], MADE IN RUSSIA, Poljot cal. 2609, 17 Jewels)

Gagarin-Sturmanskie-Black-dial-DSC_0022_zpslvxto4r4.thumb.gif.758b1c2a9a8a2a298cab225fa2a002bf.gif

Gagarin-Sturmanskie-cream-dial-DSC_0021_zpsaiyua1xd.thumb.gif.20d18d84362c7c6c6345684b3ac188d8.gif

2316a.gif.2a4cbddb49607f3f94cbf75bd0502307.gif

• Like 11

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

51 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I think I`ll start the day off the  with Yuri ....

Gagarin-DSC_0033L2_zpspwgzh3fb.thumb.gif.a4b2f39ecfc312f7b69ba74880347ae1.gif

Штурманские Гагарины (2609370124 & 260937016  ), производства Россия, Poljot cal. 2609 17 камней

(Sturmanskie Gagarin [2609370124 & 260937016], MADE IN RUSSIA, Poljot cal. 2609, 17 Jewels)

Gagarin-Sturmanskie-Black-dial-DSC_0022_zpslvxto4r4.thumb.gif.758b1c2a9a8a2a298cab225fa2a002bf.gif

Gagarin-Sturmanskie-cream-dial-DSC_0021_zpsaiyua1xd.thumb.gif.20d18d84362c7c6c6345684b3ac188d8.gif

2316a.gif.2a4cbddb49607f3f94cbf75bd0502307.gif

I love the back of the watch

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

Just had a look at the auto, :thumbsup:

T137.407.11.051.00_R.png

Personally I'm not a fan of the dial texture but I've owned a powermatic 80 before and it was the most accurate auto I've had.  

The auto pricing is very reasonable but CW Sellors look like they're doing 10% off an order if you need some persuasion :)

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bricey said:

"My brother from a silver mother!"

20210516_115336.thumb.jpg.3f36a7aaf90eb7070fabf2047a9c0082.jpg

Greetings a lovely watch you have there! I gave it a like yesterday also, in Mach's thread, I think.

I believe your dial may have been restored. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, in case you are not aware,... The reason i believe it to be a re-dial is there are not many black dial models, but the biggest give away is the font particularly the S of 'Seamasters' and the other font. The Omega Logo is called 'Little Feet' but I believe this is genuine to the watch, as this model was made between 1976-84, mine being the last year model with the alternative fatter Omega logo and your being earlier . You can accurately date ref the serial number on the caliber. Also the lume dots on your watch is on all the hour markers on the original dial it was not so. Probably the dial got damaged and was restored and repainted. It is still a cracking watch though!

Best regards Martin :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Greetings a lovely watch you have there! I gave it a like yesterday also, in Mach's thread, I think.

I believe your dial may have been restored. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, in case you are not aware,... The reason i believe it to be a re-dial is there are not many black dial models, but the biggest give away is the font particularly the S of 'Seamasters' and the other font. The Omega Logo is called 'Little Feet' but I believe this is genuine to the watch, as this model was made between 1976-84, mine being the last year model with the alternative fatter Omega logo and your being earlier . You can accurately date ref the serial number on the caliber. Also the lume dots on your watch is on all the hour markers on the original dial it was not so. Probably the dial got damaged and was restored and repainted. It is still a cracking watch though!

Best regards Martin :thumbsup:

I'm a little gutted as I beleived it to be original, but then, I guess that only really matters in terms of resale value, and it is very much one of the ones in my collection that will stay with me until the bitter end, so I'll enjoy it for what it is as its not like I don't have my own flaws and replaced parts!

I'' get a close up shot to allow you to confirm your suspicions for me if you would.

20210517_135218.thumb.jpg.89b60ffe321e39a6e7bd80c9bc9f1eb7.jpg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bricey said:

I'm a little gutted as I beleived it to be original, but then, I guess that only really matters in terms of resale value, and it is very much one of the ones in my collection that will stay with me until the bitter end, so I'll enjoy it for what it is as its not like I don't have my own flaws and replaced parts!

I'' get a close up shot to allow you to confirm your suspicions for me if you would.

20210517_135218.thumb.jpg.89b60ffe321e39a6e7bd80c9bc9f1eb7.jpg

Thanks for the close up, I would say it is a redial IMHO, for the reasons I previously stated, and the lume dot are too clean. Sorry...but I have been wrong many times :)

I must admit it is well done!

Edited by martinzx
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because I can!  Further to comments in other threads, I did bite the bullet and change the battery in this Raymond Weil Parsifal myself - having paid for a 'minor service' many times for this watch over 20 years - almost certainly adding up to more than the original purchase price of the watch - plus a lot of down time when I couldn't wear it because I couldn't afford the aforementioned service fee.  I now feel a bit grubby about that, as it took me longer to order the bits I needed than to do the job and I didn't chew the screw heads like the last 'engineer' did and I've left it cleaner too.  I'm stupidly emotional and happy about this.

Hello my dear old friend:

RWworking_20210517_140418.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, nursegladys said:

Which? I really do like the Presage on this strap, the Seiko solar is meh!

Just a comment that your post reads like it's a before and after shot.. and the after shot looks really different:tongue:

On those 2 though you're right, the Presage does suit that strap with a bit of shine, but I'm not really a fan of mesh straps.

4 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Just a comment that your post reads like it's a before and after shot.. and the after shot looks really different:tongue:

On those 2 though you're right, the Presage does suit that strap with a bit of shine, but I'm not really a fan of mesh straps.

my Bad. at english? :yes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BooJewels said:

Just because I can!  Further to comments in other threads, I did bite the bullet and change the battery in this Raymond Weil Parsifal myself - having paid for a 'minor service' many times for this watch over 20 years - almost certainly adding up to more than the original purchase price of the watch - plus a lot of down time when I couldn't wear it because I couldn't afford the aforementioned service fee.  I now feel a bit grubby about that, as it took me longer to order the bits I needed than to do the job and I didn't chew the screw heads like the last 'engineer' did and I've left it cleaner too.  I'm stupidly emotional and happy about this.

Hello my dear old friend:

RWworking_20210517_140418.jpg

Well done. That it is a beautiful looking watch reminds me a bit if a Cartier Pasha. I like the cabachon in the crown - I cant see the colour but clear light blue would just set it off.

12 minutes ago, chas g said:

Well done. That it is a beautiful looking watch reminds me a bit if a Cartier Pasha. I like the cabachon in the crown - I cant see the colour but clear light blue would just set it off.

I just typed a reply and it vanished, so apologies if it appears twice.  There isn't really a well done in it, it was stupidly simple to do, I just feel a little daft for being so squeamish about attempting it.  It was no harder than any other quartz with a pop off back - and certainly easier than my husband's outdoor Casio that had a screw off back, 2 batteries, several gaskets, spring clips and the need to reset it once done.  

The cab is a dark blue sapphire which matches the blued hands.  It was significantly less expensive than a Cartier.  I just love it as it was given as a family gift for a big birthday (had 2 more since), it's the perfect size for me, I can read it without glasses and it is very slender and follows the contour of my wrist perfectly.  It's making me smile just looking at it today, I've never tired of it and have missed it since it stopped about 15 or so months ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JoT said:

Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001 - the original, not a modern pretender!

Excuse me, I am currently trying to convince myself that there is merit in "modern pretenders" and that "original" is not all that matters! :(