• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Yachtmaster Blue or Rhodium? Which would you choose...?

Hi Time Lords! Contemplating my first luxury watch and these two beauts are front contenders. Torn between the dial colour though...which would you choose?(Yachtmaster 116622 Blue or Rhodium?).

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/rolex-yacht-master-40-116622-blue-dial-stainless-steel-2019--id18126641.htm

OR

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/yachtmaster-rhodium-dial-steel-platinum-mens-watch-116622-box-papers--id18475954.htm

Would insert photos of them both but cant figure out how! (please can you advise?)

Cheers

15 minutes ago, PuffingPanda said:

Still no joy. Do you use the url button or just copy and paste the image in the post?Perhaps I need to teach the 50 posts mark before I'm 'allowed?

I save the image to bookmark, then copy the bookmark and paste it into the post. I used to be able to directly copy and paste the image, but that stopped working after an update.

33 minutes ago, PuffingPanda said:

Still no joy. Do you use the url button or just copy and paste the image in the post?Perhaps I need to teach the 50 posts mark before I'm 'allowed?

Try holding your finger on the image or right click the image with your mouse and it should come up with "open image in new tab" or actually open the image in a new tab, if you get the prompt select that option and then copy the url from the new page which should only show the jpeg image and paste it into your reply. 

Unless it's an Apple product, they are the work of the Devil and impossible to figure out. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

As for the watch, before the Rolex Haters pile in, those old style Yacht Masters are stunning looking watches. Personally I'd go for the Rhodium dial. 

:)

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Thanks 1

i really like the white gold on rubber that was released a couple of years ago , got all excited thinking it was stainless only to realise itwas a 27k gold watch not a sub 10k steel watch.... out of my league but i love it!

yachtmaster wgold.jpg

and to answer the op it would be blue for me

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, midnitemo said:

a 27k gold watch

I was looking at that thinking "trust Rolex to invent a whole new grade of gold" before I realised what you meant.

Rhodium for me btw, although that powder blue hand & text are a bit off piste.

Edited by Perlative Cernometer

I had the platinum dial and although the shape of the case was very comfy and was far nicer than either my gmt or sub to wear icouldnt see the blo@dy hands and couldnt tell the time so either of these high contrast dials work for me .

• Thanks 1

I love these! My next watch will be a 16622, when I get around to selling most of my collection. If I had more funds, I would definitely go for the blue dial, as it is stunning. 

To me the Sub is ubiquitous and overpriced, and GMT watches leave me a bit cold. The Yachtmaster is sporty enough, and much more interesting!

• Thanks 1

Rhodium without question. Too many blue dial watches with red accents and that charcoal grey rhodium looks fantastic, especially with the baby blue accents!

21 hours ago, deano1956 said:

ok ,Rhodium as long as you have good eye sight, i have a DJ41 with same Rhodium colour i love it but need my glasses on to distiguish the hands.

This is fact

• Thanks 1