• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Ruby Tuesday...WRUW?

1 hour ago, BooJewels said:

Well, I'll bring the tone down today, after all these lovely watches.  I'd put a 12mm mesh onto this 1982 Timex of my Grandma's and as it had half inch lugs (not sure why, as late as 1982) it didn't fit well and you could see the end of the pins.  So I got a 14mm and ground it to fit yesterday and it's much smarter - it's actually the same depth as the lugs, so looks nice in profile too. 

It looks quite pristine now, but when I found it when clearing my parents' house, it was really manky, inside and out with a leaked battery and mouldy strap, so I'm happy that it's working and wearable again.  I wasn't up that early, I took the photo last night when I finished it.

TimexWiderMesh20210517_173739.jpg

Looks fabulous I must say imho 

I’m doing the same over the next few weeks unfortunately :( but my mum loves smiths watches which I hope my sisters will keep ..for memories and they are rather nice watches as well :)

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Right, going with the Ball for the day for my consultant appointment to hopefully start the process of repairing my pelvis.

1621323743067918964329277814884.thumb.jpg.e51f87721cdc256efc7091920754b48c.jpg

Hopefully good news and won’t have to wait too long :yes: 

• Thanks 1

Morning,

Today this late '60s German-made Porta auto with a 25j PUW 1361.

The brand seems to have been created for marketing complete watches in or around 1948 by Rudolf Wehner as Porta-Uhrenfabrik Wehner and although a separate company, was closely connected to the makers of PUW movements who ceased production of mechanical calibres at the end of the ‘70s.

Regards.

Porta auto v.3.jpg

Porta auto PUW 1361 v.3.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

With apologies  --  in my contribution today I managed to double post one pic (pure senility) and did not notice until my window to edit had passed.

That meant that I forgot the all important wrist shot . . . . .

20210518c-1200.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BooJewels said:

The consultant perhaps won't even be wearing a watch - my husband's docs are all wearing scrubs and no watches etc. during the pandemic, even in clinics.

Yes, times have changed, that's for sure. :(

• Sad 1

Little Timex chrono today from father in law's abandoned leftovers:

large.20210518_104700.jpg.7432dc87d999e632f7d1f2eca51456a5.jpg

3 hours ago, nursegladys said:

6BVEUJz.jpg

Seiko solar with new mesh, not sure about this combo :huh:

I prefer it on the silver coloured strap, takes the edge off it's black chrono-ness and softens the lines, makes it look more like a silver Presage.:thumbsup:

• Like 9

On my recent trip to A&E the paramedics told Big M to take my watch off, I have a vague memory of her wrestling it off my wrist. In hospital and lying on a trolley still a bit dizzy I kept looking at my wrist and couldn't fathom out what was missing. 

:huh:

The main Quack and two nurses were looking at me as if I was a bit doolally, put me in one of those oap wheelie chairs then pushed me out of the treatment room to the corner of the waiting area out of the way of the general public until they took me for a scan. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

LV from last nights wander to the pub. 

IMG-20210518-105952.jpg

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

OMEGA Speedmaster PROFESSIONAL 3570.50.00, cal.1861 18 Jewels & BULOVA 96B258 Special Edition Lunar Pilot Chronograph

Moon-Watches 4 OMEGA Speedmaster PROFESSIONAL 3570.50.00, cal.1861 18 Jewels & BULOVA 96B258 Special Edition Lunar Pilot Chronograph.gif

STIRLING, this is St. Andrew ONE here, I haven`t had my porridge yet  but thankfully the (Real) Coffee is freshly made, superb & plentiful  :thumbsup:

Btw  Caroline say`s, "In Space no one can hear you Tick!" 

1563208359_(26).gif.fa1d1054429662ee3887ae76da2b50bb.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sulie said:

Looks fabulous I must say imho 

I’m doing the same over the next few weeks unfortunately :( but my mum loves smiths watches which I hope my sisters will keep ..for memories and they are rather nice watches as well :)

Thank you, the mesh elevates it a little - I just don't like wearing leather straps for everyday, I prefer metal. 

I wish you fortitude with that task - I've been on with it for about 18 months or more, since my Dad first went in to care and we expected to need to sell the house to pay for it.  The pandemic has really slowed things down, along with a poorly husband and two parents who were both active with lots of hobbies and interests and bordering on being hoarders.  I think someone's hand is hovering near the light switch at the end of the tunnel, I just hope the glimmer I see isn't an on-coming freight train.  :swoon:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

:huh:

The main Quack and two nurses were looking at me as if I was a bit doolally ...

"as if" ? :laughing2dw:

Pottering

weirdly cant add from flickr on laptop but works fine from phone (other than being unable to edit size so my pics are always hugemungous  soz ).

Edited by Rotundus
enhanced stupidity
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rotundus said:

"as if" ? :laughing2dw:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kZj7Fr][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51188045895_8736a17b04.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kZj7Fr]

Especially after the Quack phoned Big M and she told him I fell on my head while I was trying to put up new lights and disco dancing to Donna Summers in the front garden at eight o'clock in the evening . 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 5

Today's selection from the French section of the box and one of my favourites. Zand was a watch brand started by Fernand Zahnd in the French town of Morteau. The company was active from the 1940s until the late 1970s. It sold watches from the factory, using direct mail to names taken from public service directories, such as teachers. Movement is a 21 jewel Lorsa P62 with French "Antichoc" shock protection, which probably dates this watch to early 1960s.

Zand Lorsa P62

Lorsa P62 in Zand watch

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Did you get this from a UK source , or Europe ? Stunning watch .....

Thank you 

It really is a lovely timepiece, IMHO, possibly the best finished(?) wristwatch I have.

A friend/colleague in the Jura put me in touch with a long established family firm of watchmakers/retailers in La Chaux-de-Fonds/Neuchatel, who kindly supplied me with one (new), along with a very 'generous' discount. :biggrin:

Bit more info...

https://milus.com/pages/snow-star

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1