• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Ruby Tuesday...WRUW?

A bit of nostalgia today. 1980 Seiko G757-4010. A very early Seiko LCD watch, product placed in the James Bond film 'Octopussy', though his was the later G757-5020 sports model. The screen was exactly the same, only the bezel was different...it was horseshoe shaped. Oh and 'Q' put a red LED tracker in the top left display...:whistle:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, antjrice said:

New watch day - anniversary gift from my wife, write up to come later (on watch, not wife) 

2021-05-18_07-42-49

Farer Bradfield

Many congratulations.  I do wish your wives weren't quite so generous though, it's giving my husband ideas.  He's beginning to think I'm falling short.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, nursegladys said:

6BVEUJz.jpg

Seiko solar with new mesh, not sure about this combo :huh:

No need for the screens there Andy, looks good to me ...

10 minutes ago, BooJewels said:

Well, I'll bring the tone down today, after all these lovely watches.  I'd put a 12mm mesh onto this 1982 Timex of my Grandma's and as it had half inch lugs (not sure why, as late as 1982) it didn't fit well and you could see the end of the pins.  So I got a 14mm and ground it to fit yesterday and it's much smarter - it's actually the same depth as the lugs, so looks nice in profile too. 

It looks quite pristine now, but when I found it when clearing my parents' house, it was really manky, inside and out with a leaked battery and mouldy strap, so I'm happy that it's working and wearable again.  I wasn't up that early, I took the photo last night when I finished it.

TimexWiderMesh20210517_173739.jpg

Not my cup of tea watch-wise, but you've made a fantastic job bringing it back to life! - Health to wear ...

4 minutes ago, BooJewels said:

Many congratulations.  I do wish your wives weren't quite so generous though, it's giving my husband ideas.  He's beginning to think I'm falling short.

Many thanks. 

There's a new pair of Jimmy Choo's here suggesting it's a two-way street :wink:

17 minutes ago, PaulBoy said:

Not my cup of tea watch-wise, but you've made a fantastic job bringing it back to life! - Health to wear ...

Thank you.  I really wouldn't expect it to be, me being a girl and it being an old ladies 'easy to see' watch, but I'm happy to wear it occasionally, as she bought it specially for my wedding, as she wanted something 'a bit fancy'.

12 minutes ago, antjrice said:

Many thanks. 

There's a new pair of Jimmy Choo's here suggesting it's a two-way street :wink:

I expected that it probably would be.  I'd personally prefer your watch.  I'd look bloody ridiculous in a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes - even assuming I could force my little trotters into a pair.  Have a lovely day the two of you.

• Thanks 2

@Graham60 - you sir have exquisite taste - or at least it falls very much in line with mine.  Another totally gorgeous watch from you.  Now I really mustn't let my husband see that, it will give him ideas.

@Bricey - good luck with that today - I hope your consultant is suitably impressed.

Edited by BooJewels
Wanted to wish Bricey good luck
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Right, going with the Ball for the day for my consultant appointment to hopefully start the process of repairing my pelvis.

When I went to see my consultant prior to him sorting out my totally knackered hip, I wore my X-33, and he was wearing a Breitling Emergency, so we had a good old chinwag for ages about watches. Mind you, it paid off as he did a fantastic job of the hip and bone grafts, so let's hope that it helps you bond with your chap too. ... Mind you, yours may collect Barbie dolls. :biggrin: Best of luck with the appointment though!

• Haha 1