• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

PRS-40

Ive nearly pressed go on one of these a few times. My concern was the flat 'spring bars'. From memory the drawing stated these where less than 2mm thick I think. 

Do they feel robust? If you press them in the middle is there a lot of flex?

Thanks

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Roxyben said:

Very nice, quite a unique looking piece. Always fancied a watch off the time factors website, but always seems a pain to get hold of them. 

Indeed .. you have to wait for when they open online .. via email but i had no issues and it was delivered in two days !!
I was not expecting that :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, Dilly said:

Ive nearly pressed go on one of these a few times. My concern was the flat 'spring bars'. From memory the drawing stated these where less than 2mm thick I think. 

Do they feel robust? If you press them in the middle is there a lot of flex?

Thanks

Not sure of thickness but I think a lump hammer might do the trick !! It’s solid and more secure than the normal pins .. I think !? 

and as a lover of NATO’s / Zulus :whistle: it’s perfect for me .. maybe not others 

• Thanks 2

I am waiting on one of these:

May be an image of wrist watch

NIVO-003_2000x.jpg?v=1619427373

From Elliot Brown - different colours and buckles available, including bead-blasted.

I hope it comes with instructions.  If the roving end gets too worn, you can turn it around and make what was the fixed end the free end.

I am hoping this will return me to 'right-wristing' which I gave up when I started using a computer mouse or puck all day, and dragging my watch buckle across the desk or tablet was uncomfortable.

Pretty sure I can get the buckle up on the side of mt wrist out of the way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

I am waiting on one of these:

May be an image of wrist watch

NIVO-003_2000x.jpg?v=1619427373

From Elliot Brown - different colours and buckles available, including bead-blasted.

I hope it comes with instructions.  If the roving end gets too worn, you can turn it around and make what was the fixed end the free end.

I am hoping this will return me to 'right-wristing' which I gave up when I started using a computer mouse or puck all day, and dragging my watch buckle across the desk or tablet was uncomfortable.

Pretty sure I can get the buckle up on the side of mt wrist out of the way.

Wow that looks intriguing.. quite like the thought of rotating the strap if it gets worn too much .. and that buckle system looks fabulous.. a bit like a ratchet system .. :yes: let us know how you get on plse 

1 minute ago, Sulie said:

Wow that looks intriguing.. quite like the thought of rotating the strap if it gets worn too much .. and that buckle system looks fabulous.. a bit like a ratchet system .. :yes: let us know how you get on plse 

Will do.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sulie said:

Well you can wear the buckle anywhere, e.g. below the 6,

IMG_20210519_164752373(1).thumb.jpg.b497693d4102b10ac748d0ad1c452059.jpg

Or on the outside at 12

IMG_20210519_184857023(1)(1).thumb.jpg.cf7a47ac99761262c3c1bafb75752d3e.jpg

And you can wear the tail down like that, or up like this

IMG_20210519_154245435(1)(1).thumb.jpg.51f264de6867c497c692a7dc4c830f0e.jpg

The buckle is self keepered and you can have the tail as short as you like with no folding or threading, since the excess strap is on the inside

IMG_20210519_164816088(1)(1)(1).thumb.jpg.2ea9eee5b88ca8900e201e89a4c06f72.jpg

The buckle is articulated at the mid point, so it curves / flexes with your wrist.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Well you can wear the buckle anywhere, e.g. below the 6,

IMG_20210519_164752373(1).thumb.jpg.b497693d4102b10ac748d0ad1c452059.jpg

Or on the outside at 12

IMG_20210519_184857023(1)(1).thumb.jpg.cf7a47ac99761262c3c1bafb75752d3e.jpg

And you can wear the tail down like that, or up like this

IMG_20210519_154245435(1)(1).thumb.jpg.51f264de6867c497c692a7dc4c830f0e.jpg

The buckle is self keepered and you can have the tail as short as you like with no folding or threading, since the excess strap is on the inside

IMG_20210519_164816088(1)(1)(1).thumb.jpg.2ea9eee5b88ca8900e201e89a4c06f72.jpg

The buckle is articulated at the mid point, so it curves / flexes with your wrist.

What a marvellous design.. I’ve seen some .. might have to investigate.. 

many thanks for the review :yes:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Must admit I was looking at the PRS-40 when they originally came out as an Auto - but then there was talk of a chronology version which looked really really great - so I decided to wait for that.

However, that is about to come out but as a Quartz - and as I'm not really interested in getting another Quartz Chrono I'm beginning to get a lusting for the PRS-40 again. It seems such great value.

The only thing that's making me hesitant is their Mono-Pusher that is supposed to be coming out at the end of the month - but I've got no idea how costly that one will be.

I thinking that I may try for a PRS-40 this weekend - on the basis that there's no guarantee if they'd be made again considering how long they've been out; whereas even if I decide that the Monopusher plus the PRS-40 is a bit excessive for this month - there's bound to be another batch of the mono-pushers made.

Anyway - now you've had it some time - what are your likes/dislikes?