• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Vintage Rotary Super Compressor Diver

Cerbfan

I bought this yesterday from a deceased estate and although I can find similar watches on the Internet I can't find any reference to Rotary making a dual crown with an internal bezel. I thought it was a Super Compressor case at first but now not so sure as no dive helmet on the inside of the case back.

Movement looks to be an ETA 2472, its running however very fast and gaining 2 hours a day!

I'd love to know if anyone knows anything of its history, age and its potential value, also is that Fixo Flex bracelet likely to be its original? 

My plan is to get it serviced and maybe let my son wear it for best as its a little small looking on my wrist really.

​​​​​​​ 

2078b5ed8b53dd620a822e293631dd58.jpg55b01c62d0dff61c77a40f3e6e17d25c.jpg8c65a84ba6846d9c54aea8dec26770c3.jpg7945970b3ed59f832b9e7b50889afdb9.jpg7a2cbac93b8874e16cc2aeb5c6abfe3b.jpg5062590531e7022b743bc26edafb2726.jpg45ba7314b658b968752f20382fa14728.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Can’t recall seeing a Rotary super-compressor before ?

From the front/side it appears to be an EPSA (Ervin Piquerez S.A.) case, have doubts about case back?, who supplied these cases to various makers such as Enicar, Hamilton, Blancpain, Wittnauer (which yours reminds me of?), etc.

Also, I’ve only seen the above with Schild movements.

1960’s IMO.

HTH

Edited by Karrusel

Yes I think you're right that the case is an EPSA case and it's the case back that has thrown me off.

It does look like a Wittnauer for sure. I've searched and searched and can't find any other Rotary super compressors either so I guess this either a very rare watch or something that has maybe been re-dialled or a frankenstein watch.

There is some slight wear to the dial where I'm guessing the hour hand has been dragging.

I need to find a good watchmaker who can service this properly and carefully.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk