• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

So I bought an H2O

I like it, I really do. I'm trying to fall for it and I think with a strap change I can, we'll see, but two major things stick out like a store thumb with it.

1. The strap changing is impossible. They utilize some specific type of box head bit and it comes with one but when you try to use it both sides of the screw spin together, thus achieving nothing. So I had to order a second driver. Terrible system, always has been as far as I'm concerned.

2. Those cool, unique and odd lugs they created have extremely sharp edges. I'm talking, "keep them away from children and pets" kind of sharp. I mean don't scratch the back of your head unless you want to accidentally cut your ears off sharp. Really bad design flaw!

Now as far as the overall is concerned, I'm not overly enthused with it, but it's nice. I think once I get a plain black leather strap on it I'll like it a lot more. The stick seatbelt strap sucks donkey balz! This thing needs something tapering.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AVO said:

You have acquired the Curate’s Egg, I believe.

I think most watches could fall within that labeling.

No, I think it's only temporarily partially bad. The terrible lug edges won't change, but they're not really noticeable as the sharp edges are on top of the watch, not bottom which is super strange. The strap is attached low in the lugs do you don't feel the sharp edges underneath. And you might only feel the top edges if you were maybe scratching your face or someone else if you were handling them somehow, like you might a dog or loved one.

Shame that it's compromised by things that would be easy to sort out. Sounds like they skimped in their user testing.

Can we see some pics, or have a reference number, so we can see what you told us about? Ta!

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2021 at 08:39, JayDeep said:

I like it, I really do. I'm trying to fall for it and I think with a strap change I can, we'll see, but two major things stick out like a store thumb with it.

1. The strap changing is impossible. They utilize some specific type of box head bit and it comes with one but when you try to use it both sides of the screw spin together, thus achieving nothing. So I had to order a second driver. Terrible system, always has been as far as I'm concerned.

2. Those cool, unique and odd lugs they created have extremely sharp edges. I'm talking, "keep them away from children and pets" kind of sharp. I mean don't scratch the back of your head unless you want to accidentally cut your ears off sharp. Really bad design flaw!

Now as far as the overall is concerned, I'm not overly enthused with it, but it's nice. I think once I get a plain black leather strap on it I'll like it a lot more. The stick seatbelt strap sucks donkey balz! This thing needs something tapering.

So you got the new H2O Racing, lucky you are :) I was planning to get it too, but after me and my wife we both lost our jobs in Dubai, the life became not so easy, and no new watch purchase for now... Anyway It is life.

Ref. your above points, for 1. I can just confirm you that ALL the H2O watches I have purchased came ALWAYS with 2 Hex screw drivers, yes you are correct you need 2 screw drivers to be able to remove the lug screws. Also if you received only one screw driver it is not correct, I will suggest you to complain H2O and to get the missing one. Saying that it is really standard hex, I am personally using small Hex Allen keys that I put in my wallet for changing straps outside, it cost 1-2 USD ;)

Interesting your 2. point, Your Kalmar 2 Racing, is having the new Kalmar 2 case, which is supposed to be better and an evolution of the old Kalmar 2 case, the crown protection is improved for maximal protection, and much more space at the lug sides to be able to put Nato straps, that I cannot put on my old K2 as not enough space, saying that I am not a fan of Nato straps, indeed I ate them :biggrin:  LoL... Below a link I found from another forum showing the case differences between the old K2 case (like mine) and the new K2 case (like your H2O Raching): https://watchintyme.com/index.php?threads/h2o-kalmar-8000m-10year-edition-update.734843/

I just checked on my Kalmar 2, if I remove the strap, you are 100% right the internal side of the lugs are quite sharp, but not the external sides which are smooth. Notice that I have checked on other watches (Non-H2O) it is a bit the same, even the small Cartier of my wife is having internal sharp lug edges ; I believe CW / Rolex / Omega with thin lugs are having much more smoother edges. Saying that I am not using thin Nato, I am only using thick straps 4.5mm - 5mm and some 6mm, then the problem disappears, the strap is at the level of the edge and when I pass my finger on the lug edge, I do not feel anymore the sharp edge ;) So I am afraid to say that H2O watches like thick straps :)

Enjoy your K2 Racing, please when you have time make me some nice photos of the dial with the left/right perlage, I love it :thumbsup:

• Like 4

On 05/06/2021 at 08:50, rafy1 said:

So you got the new H2O Racing, lucky you are :) I was planning to get it too, but after me and my wife we both lost our jobs in Dubai, the life became not so easy, and no new watch purchase for now... Anyway It is life.

Oh mate, sorry to hear about yours and your wife's job loss.  Hope you both get back on your feet soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 8