Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

In hindsight as there are a few people interested in clothes and trainers that might not dip into the "what are you listening to thread" I'll post this here as well. 

Worth a listen if you can find the time. 

Screenshot-20210522-172719.jpg

:)

 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to the Dassler episode. I'm up to about 20 pairs of Adidas at the moment :laugh:

I'll have to do a montage pic one day :)

The latest are Zurro:

sz_403167_b?qlt=92&w=600&h=464&v=1

 

I would have preferred original Azzurro but rare as hen's teeth and priced to match :(

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

I'm looking forward to the Dassler episode. I'm up to about 20 pairs of Adidas at the moment :laugh:

I'll have to do a montage pic one day :)

The latest are Zurro:

sz_403167_b?qlt=92&w=600&h=464&v=1

 

I would have preferred original Azzurro but rare as hen's teeth and priced to match :(

 

I love Adidas trainers but before my feet where amputated I could not buy them as they where uncomfortable for my feet but now as long as they are a size 8 I can wear what I want and no blisters :laugh:

Currently own about 5 Adidas , notice I said 5 and not 5 pairs .... I bin the right shoe as I only wear one of my legs :laugh::laugh::laugh:

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

I love Adidas trainers but before my feet where amputated I could not buy them as they where uncomfortable for my feet but now as long as they are a size 8 I can wear what I want and no blisters :laugh:

Currently own about 5 Adidas , notice I said 5 and not 5 pairs .... I bin the right shoe as I only wear one of my legs :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you do have a listen Vans started out by selling single shoes to skateboarders as apparently they only wore one out and didn’t want to pay for a complete pair.

 

3 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

I'm looking forward to the Dassler episode. I'm up to about 20 pairs of Adidas at the moment :laugh:

I'll have to do a montage pic one day :)

The latest are Zurro:

sz_403167_b?qlt=92&w=600&h=464&v=1

 

I would have preferred original Azzurro but rare as hen's teeth and priced to match :(

 

The Dasslers thread almost every episode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

@BondandBigM I tend to keep clear of trainers because of the speed I destroy them. I don't mind spending the money, but soles gone in under two months is a bit quick for my pocket. Any suggestions ?

Are you doing a marathon every day

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I tend to wear one pair to death and the others only occasionally. My current go to is a pair of Adidas Indoor Supers. Adidas are okay but the quality is very variable as is the sizing, I have two pairs of identical Indoor Supers just different colours, both size ten and the fit is completely different, almost makes me think one pair has had the wrong size label stitched on. 

In my humble opinion for me, they weren't mentioned in this podcast, a "fashion brand" I like is Lacoste, well made, comfortable and last for ages but the last couple of pairs were about £100 each but better than the Adidas. 

Otherwise if you don't care about the brand or the looks you could do worse than pop into Sport Direct and pick up a pair of their Dunlop work trainers, I've had a few pairs now for work, steel toe caps but you'd never know. I've just worn a pair out and they lasted about six or seven months wandering about all day on rough concrete floors and walking back and forth to work. They are about £30 and do a job. 

https://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-maine-mens-steel-toe-cap-safety-boots-181066

 

 

 

 

Edited by BondandBigM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Iceblue said:

I wonder if they would do a matching Bond and Big M Stan Smiths for us. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I'm going with the Sambas for the boozer tonight. 

mde.jpg

And I've no idea what's going on with Big M, I told her to get something for her birthday but I have a feeling it has  cost me a bit more than a pair of Adidas 

mde.jpg

 

:huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I wonder if they would do a matching Bond and Big M Stan Smiths for us. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I'm going with the Sambas for the boozer tonight. 

mde.jpg

And I've no idea what's going on with Big M, I told her to get something for her birthday but I have a feeling it has  cost me a bit more than a pair of Adidas 

mde.jpg

 

:huh:

Mate I’m sure if you message them they would do it

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm wondering where I can buy those trainers that are linked to your mobile phone.

You know those ones.. you see people walking around with their heads down staring at their phone operating the walk feature through the camera.

I quite like them but I'm not sure if I need to be eating chewing gum while I wear them or if it is obligatory to be wearing a tracksuit colour coded to green blue and silvered red.

Do the air bubbles at the bottom need a special connector or will my inflatable guest bed foot pump suffice?

I have my copy of hip hop volume 1.. if I buy a pair will the occasional quote from Dr Dre stop local gang members from taking them from me.

I'm also confused about what to wear after trainers.. in a few years do we move onto adult size? I feel I should at least be at least considered for pull ups or skip the pre-years of flip flops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After two independent recommendations I bought a pair of Sketchers.  Although they are very comfortable they are also slightly embarassing.

I have also got my first pair of Asics, and they are excellent.  I also favour New Balance, but I think Asics beat them.

I hate sports direct after too many bad experiences, so I recommend MandM for good prices and far better service

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My current regular Adidas line-up, got others which i dont wear as much but these are my faves.

adidas MALLISON SPZL - The story behind the trainers | Man Savings

adidas Originals Footwear Broomfield - Grey - Trainers from Triads UK

size? adidas Originals Nite Jogger Bright Yellow

Nite jogger.

 

The Adidas originals range has gone too far in my opinion, they`re bringing classic trainers back which some might say is a good thing, but some models do actually have slight detail changes to them, Adidas jeans for example back in the day came in two different colours, some were in a kind of denim blue suede and a red suede, now they're all colours and has spoiled the legacyof an iconic trainer.

 

J1J4

 

Edited by sabailand
change pic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/05/2021 at 12:25, sabailand said:

My current regular Adidas line-up, got others which i dont wear as much but these are my faves.

adidas MALLISON SPZL - The story behind the trainers | Man Savings

adidas Originals Footwear Broomfield - Grey - Trainers from Triads UK

size? adidas Originals Nite Jogger Bright Yellow

Nite jogger.

 

The Adidas originals range has gone too far in my opinion, they`re bringing classic trainers back which some might say is a good thing, but some models do actually have slight detail changes to them, Adidas jeans for example back in the day came in two different colours, some were in a kind of denim blue suede and a red suede, now they're all colours and has spoiled the legacyof an iconic trainer.

 

J1J4

 

I agree the whole Adidas reissue thing has got out of hand, doesn't really bother me there was only one pair I wanted that I couldn't get. They were on Ebay literally within hours at double the price but I wasn't that desperate. 

cb7h7bfx1lolgf84bmla.jpg

I spoke to a lad in one shop later and he said they only got a few pairs and in as many words more of less said without actually admitting it they bought them themselves. Kind of backed up by an apprentice at work who bought a pair from ebay, the seller had left the till receipt in the box. The time stamp on it was before shop actually opened. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I agree the whole Adidas reissue thing has got out of hand, doesn't really bother me there was only one pair I wanted that I couldn't get. They were on Ebay literally within hours at double the price but I wasn't that desperate. 

cb7h7bfx1lolgf84bmla.jpg

I spoke to a lad in one shop later and he said they only got a few pairs and in as many words more of less said without actually admitting it they bought them themselves. Kind of backed up by an apprentice at work who bought a pair from ebay, the seller had left the till receipt in the box. The time stamp on it was before shop actually opened. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

You`re right about certain trainers, people in the shop buy them (or put them aside for their mates) and then they`re up on ebay for literally hundreds of pounds, there was an iconic Nike trainer back in the 80`s called 'Omega flame' popular in casual culture , Nike are reissuing them but they`re going to be like rocking horse 5h11t, i put it to the lad in the shop about them being snapped up before they even hit the shelves and he agreed, think he said people can apply to go in a ballot of something like that.

By the way I knew certain brands sometimes join forces and created limited editions, but first time i`ve seen the C.P. company Adidas mix, i bought some Y3`s years ago and those weren't cheap but those C.P/adidas in the pic are a bit too expensive for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sabailand said:

You`re right about certain trainers, people in the shop buy them (or put them aside for their mates) and then they`re up on ebay for literally hundreds of pounds, there was an iconic Nike trainer back in the 80`s called 'Omega flame' popular in casual culture , Nike are reissuing them but they`re going to be like rocking horse 5h11t, i put it to the lad in the shop about them being snapped up before they even hit the shelves and he agreed, think he said people can apply to go in a ballot of something like that.

By the way I knew certain brands sometimes join forces and created limited editions, but first time i`ve seen the C.P. company Adidas mix, i bought some Y3`s years ago and those weren't cheap but those C.P/adidas in the pic are a bit too expensive for me.

Yep a lot of places are doing raffles, stick your name down and you might be lucky and get a pair. Our apprentice at work used to sit up all night with a couple of laptops and his phone logged in just ready to hit the buy button, he was lucky a few times but more often than not he ended up buying them later on Ebay. 

Depends on the size you want but the red Adidas x CP are around £250/£300 + now for a bnwt pair, like I said though I'm not that desperate. 

These LG's were going for crazy money when they first came out, the prices have dropped back a bit now but I saw one pair bid up to £5K 

:huh:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303781469934

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A small selection 

mde.jpg

I just need a Trimm Trab track top now. 

My two favourite pairs

Diadora Borg Signiture Elites and Hamburg Fish Markets 

mde.jpg


mde.jpg

And another go to pair

mde.jpg

If you are willing to out wait the initial must have them now rush, Size is a good shop for decent deals on the retro stuff. 

:)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/05/2021 at 01:09, SolaVeritate said:

 

I'm also confused about what to wear after trainers.. in a few years do we move onto adult size? .

These are good, Velcro fastening and machine washable.

611VuzM2NfL._AC_UX500_.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...