• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

15 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

It took me ages to track a pair of these down in my size. Love them and the story behind them:

https://www.mansavings.co.uk/adidas-mallison-spzl-story/

It is indeed a nice story, you`re probably aware that Adidas also brought the `Broomfield` out as a kind of legacy/follow up to the `mallison`,  Broomfield of course being the old home of his team Airdrie.

Edited by sabailand
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So I gave up my job as a planet saving recycler. Been there done that and this week moved into the rag trade in a big clothing distribution warehouse. 

When I went for the interview and they showed me around as usual the QC area seemed the most layed back and I made a bit of my QA/QC background and threw in that I was also very parnickity about my clothes and footware. Someone must have fell for it as I got the job. 

:biggrin:

Basically when each order arrives in goods inward a random selection of boxes from each order are opened and given the once over. Any issues with the sample check and the boss will send the whole batch for a 100% check. Standard stuff. 

At the end of yesterday's shift the QC boss women collared me, gave me the all important piece of paper that allows you to stroll around full of your own misplaced self importance and asked me to locate the order as it was for a 100% check the next day. 

The place is huge, probably about two football grounds and at one end on four floors, supposed to have about 28 miles of overhead rails that clothes get moved around to and from the various areas. 

She said I'd like this one.

:hmmm9uh:

I eventually found the pallets. 

Black Trainers

7000 feckin pairs of them. All have to be unboxed, unpacked, checked, repackaged and reboxed. 

:swoon:

I might be there for some time

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Edited by BondandBigM

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s my current stable plus a couple of pairs of Gazelles are always on the go.

083DCF4B-FBC8-4CBF-A069-B92CD2F09A9D.thumb.jpeg.a71667f0ee589fc3625be58f223ca16f.jpeg

On a slight tangent, remember these Bond? Couldn’t help myself and picked a pair up last month.image.thumb.jpg.d2774927b6db9d61dfe46a5eddf6185c.jpg

• Like 2

On 15/06/2021 at 20:33, BondandBigM said:

Black Trainers

7000 feckin pairs of them. All have to be unboxed, unpacked, checked, repackaged and reboxed. 

:swoon:

I might be there for some time

Good training :whistle:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/07/2021 at 09:05, Bow said:

Here’s my current stable plus a couple of pairs of Gazelles are always on the go.

083DCF4B-FBC8-4CBF-A069-B92CD2F09A9D.thumb.jpeg.a71667f0ee589fc3625be58f223ca16f.jpeg

On a slight tangent, remember these Bond? Couldn’t help myself and picked a pair up last month.image.thumb.jpg.d2774927b6db9d61dfe46a5eddf6185c.jpg

Not so sure about the Kickers, I seem to remember back in the day my sister and her then boyfriend wearing them with Afghan coats and various other hippy paranfailia 

I do however have a pair of Diadora Borg Signiture Elites, a bit battered now but nice shoes 

IMG-20210802-164101.jpg

On 30/07/2021 at 22:07, Hastie73 said:

Epic, I'm a fan of trainers, got half a dozen pairs deliversd a couple of days ago

20210729_19421320210729_194217

20210729_19441120210729_210732

Y3 x 3, Gant, DSquared2 & a pair of Golden Goose DB. Am up to about 90 pairs now.

I have some Y3 clothes and caps, always fancied a pair of their trainers but they are a bit pricey considering they are basically just Adidas. 

mde.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Not so sure about the Kickers, I seem to remember back in the day my sister and her then boyfriend wearing them with Afghan coats and various other hippy paranfailia 

I do however have a pair of Diadora Borg Signiture Elites, a bit battered now but nice shoes 

IMG-20210802-164101.jpg

I have some Y3 clothes and caps, always fancied a pair of their trainers but they are a bit pricey considering they are basically just Adidas

mde.jpg

:biggrin: Kickers were the thing with Lois cords or Farah’s and a Pringle jumper in my day!

• Like 2

Even though i might not be going for any i still have a look in the trainer shops when i get the chance, some of the trainers i see on the shelves are genuinely hideous,  utter monstrosities, some of them  i`d have to be paid to wear, i know back in the day some trainers were a bit different from the rest but they were bastions of understatedness compared to some of whats on offer todays.

What are they, and would you dare.:laugh:

New Balance Vision Racer x Jaden Smith - Men Shoes - Image 1 of 6 Enlarged ImageNike Max Uptempo - Men Shoes - Image 1 of 6 Enlarged Image

Nike Crater Impact - Men Shoes - Image 1 of 6 Enlarged Image

Edited by sabailand

2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

I have some Y3 clothes and caps, always fancied a pair of their trainers but they are a bit pricey considering they are basically just Adidas

They're light years ahead of normal Adidas; much comfier, better quality of leather, and they last. I can't recommend them enough. They're not cheap, granted, but if you can't treat yourself every once in a while....

1 hour ago, Hastie73 said:

They're light years ahead of normal Adidas; much comfier, better quality of leather, and they last. I can't recommend them enough. They're not cheap, granted, but if you can't treat yourself every once in a while....

Don't get me wrong I'm a complete Brand snob, I've got wardrobes and shoeboxes full of the stuff. To mention a few.... Stone Island, Paul and Shark, Armani, CP Company, Adidas Originals, Versace, Stone Island Shadow Project, Y3, Moncler, Ralph Lauren, lacoste, Viviene Westwood, Hugo Boss and so on and as I said in another thread at one time Big M counted around 250 shirts and tops alone. Back in the day I worked in Italy

Two things imho stand out as not being worth the money, Moncler and Y3 but hey ho if you're a brand snob like me you need a couple of pieces. 

Just as an asides my first job about 50 years ago was in an independent high end shoe shop and my current job despite the odd extra shift wheeling pallets around is in the QC department of a large distribution warehouse that supplies several well known High Street clothing sellers. 

23 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Don't get me wrong I'm a complete Brand snob, I've got wardrobes and shoeboxes full of the stuff. To mention a few.... Stone Island, Paul and Shark, Armani, CP Company, Adidas Originals, Versace, Stone Island Shadow Project, Y3, Moncler, Ralph Lauren, lacoste, Viviene Westwood, Hugo Boss and so on and as I said in another thread at one time Big M counted around 250 shirts and tops alone. Back in the day I worked in Italy

Two things imho stand out as not being worth the money, Moncler and Y3 but hey ho if you're a brand snob like me you need a couple of pieces. 

Just as an asides my first job about 50 years ago was in an independent high end shoe shop and my current job despite the odd extra shift wheeling pallets around is in the QC department of a large distribution warehouse that supplies several well known High Street clothing sellers. 

Good to know, I'll send you a shopping list shortly :)

• Haha 1

While we`re on the subject went into TK maxx today, saw Gucci bomber jacket for £499, first time i`ve seen Gucci stuff in TK`s before, you do get some good stuff in but its all pot luck, definitely some bargains to be had if you fall lucky, not too long ago got myself two Ralph Lauren jumpers for £50 each,back home i looked at the RL website and they were selling for £135 each.Some stuff they get in they`ll never get in again, it really is a case of striking while the irons hot.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, sabailand said:

While we`re on the subject went into TK maxx today, saw Gucci bomber jacket for £499, first time i`ve seen Gucci stuff in TK`s before, you do get some good stuff in but its all pot luck, definitely some bargains to be had if you fall lucky, not too long ago got myself two Ralph Lauren jumpers for £50 each,back home i looked at the RL website and they were selling for £135 each.Some stuff they get in they`ll never get in again, it really is a case of striking while the irons hot.

If you can't be bothered going to a shop. 

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/mens-gold-label/c/02090000

They have all their better designer stuff on a separate page. I've had a few bits and pieces. The only minor problem is when you receive the item if it doesn't fit or you don't like it you have to take it back to a shop but in fairness it was no quibble cash refund there and then. 

The other minor problem with a lot of their stuff is it's old stock, last years collection, samples, stuff that was never available in Europe and so on. And it's not all as it seems either, for example buy a Viviene Westwood shirt from an AD and the proper ones are made in Italy but the ones sold in TKMaxx are all made in Turkey, Romania and various other places. They are less than half price for a reason. My daughter used to work in our local TKMaxx and as you say a bit of a lucky dip. 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a lot but not as many as this guy. 

I usually go to a lot of gigs or sporting events but Covid has seen to that. I just bought things to try and alleviate the boredom and monotony, watches and trainers mostly. The permanent sales and discounts haven’t helped.

I have just over 60 pairs of you count Converse and Vans. Probably about 40% Adidas the rest New Balance, Nike, Asics, Reebok, Onitsuka Tiger, Skechers. 

There are a few unworn, I bought some white suede adidas the other week, when am I ever going to be comfortable wearing white suede!!! 

I was showing the plumber around the other day and we got to the spare room where they are either on a 6ft shoe rack or piled up in their boxes. Awkward moment when he asked if the boxes were empty. :whistle: