• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

3 Watch Collection.....how would you do it.....if you had too!

Just been bidding on another watch roll(didn't win it!) and it got me thinking what would i put in that watch roll if that's all i could have , the first three that came to mind were all Rolex(makes my seem like a fan boy) so i'll kick it of with  No1 Submariner no date as my sports watch No2  Explorer 1 as my daily wearer and finally No3  A white gold Cellini as my dress watch.........while were on the subject i don't think 1 watch guys are enthusiasts but my 1 watch would be my no date Sub (no surprises there eh?)

(1)Rolex Submariner-NoDate.jpg

Rolex explorer 1.jpg

white gold cellini.jpg

Split the money into..

60% hand wind, chronograph. 

30% automatic, refined classic dress.

10% any mechanical, mentally insane looking multi function (the more the better.. throw in moon phase, dates, temperature etc) water proof, military bomb resistant beater.

Tomorrow.. this may be different. :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I'd get it down to 2. Something with a Unitas 6498/6497 in it, and a G Shock.

One of these?

image.thumb.png.9840d1d7fdc735f3cc9b42d4b0b79ad4.png

11 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Split the money into..

60% hand wind, chronograph. 

30% automatic, refined classic dress.

10% any mechanical, mentally insane looking multi function (the more the better.. throw in moon phase, dates, temperature etc) water proof, military bomb resistant beater.

Tomorrow.. this may be different. :biggrin:

One of these?

image.thumb.png.9840d1d7fdc735f3cc9b42d4b0b79ad4.png

This, because I have one.

large.20210105_093615_kindlephoto-1730478.jpg.0ae4625e7d847b04968329d096c334ad.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If I needed 3 watches, and budget was not a problem then I'd ask @yokel to buy me one (which would be my "for best" watch), then I'd get @JayDeep to buy the second (so that I could pretend that I'm interesting and a little off the wall at times) and then finally I'd get @it'salivejim to buy my third piece, something classy and smart but for everyday wear.

Then I'd see if I could hire @Graham60 to pop over and photograph them for me.

:thumbs_up:

Edited by Bricey
Typo's for a change
  • Haha 5

Just now, Rotundus said:

please dont call a submariner a 'no date' and dont put a 1 on the end of explorer.

I'll admit that it's because of my safety critical job that i over detail description's and messages......."reach a clear understanding" is drummed into us at every opportunity....Soz

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, midnitemo said:

I'll admit that it's because of my safety critical job that i over detail description's and messages......."reach a clear understanding" is drummed into us at every opportunity....Soz

oh relax i am just a grumpy ol' pedant who likes winding people up :drinks:

however don't ever call anything 'classy' or use the phrase 'wow factor' because then i'll have to come and get you :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

currently

1 ... MarineMaster  the 017 - daily wear (tick)

2 ... Tag 2000 bi metal and quatz ( wow factor & classy ) - this has been my dress watch since i bought it 20 odd years ago - sometimes my hot pants  and tube top watch too.

3 ... G 5610 1ER - this has been my main beater since moving up from the 5600 to get the multiband 6 sync in china , which ironically i never went back to after getting the damn thing - the old 5600 with multiband 5 were pretty crap timekeepers without the sync as i discovered in shanzen.

money no object  that would change to 

1 ... the seiko LX dive watch - basically a MM with SD - and so much less ugly than the grand seiko dive watches

2 ... JLC reverso (probably a duoface) 

3 ... G 5610 1ER - it isnt always about the money 

mind you ask me again tomorrow because i also like the omega globemaster , yokel's moser , sinn 358 , perhaps a proplof , 1963 reissue , b&r demineur, pre bond seamaster, oris bc3 regulator, mach's laco , baume and mercier capeland , tutima and boccia and and and and and 

3 isnt the problem , but does it always have to be the SAME three ??? 

4 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

3 isnt the problem , but does it always have to be the SAME three ???

Maybe we could allow a three watch collection for each day of the week, "these three on Monday, then these three are my Tuesday collection,....."?

Which nicely leaves me 3 more spaces (2 when my Mathey-Tissot arrives).

• Agree 1

Mon - Fri.,  my snazzy Ball Engineer III, Pioneer.  Eta Cal. 2824-2: 

IMG_20210523_092009646(1).jpg.9cd41e1341e47c1a40d5b0c4a445ccc3.jpg

Saturday, Elliot Brown Holton Automatic, Ref. 101-A10-R06. Seiko Cal. NH35A:

May be an image of wrist watch

Sunday, Omega Bumper Automatic. Ref.  2398-3.  Omega Cal. 30.10

May be an image of wrist watch

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

Since those clearly aren't you're pictures thus not your watches you own, I assume this means given if we had the money. While I do have the money for the ones I chose, I don't have these watches. Well I have one of them. If we're taking from our collection then I'll have to rethink my strategy just a tiny bit.

Black dial: Speedmaster Professional

Blue dial: Doxa Sub 300 Caribbean

White dial: Meistersinger Lunascope

Gets you a manual, auto, moon phase function, chronograph function, diver, dress, casual, and all high quality and respected pieces while each being unique.

omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-31130423001006-l.png

doxa-sub-300t-caribbean-8791020110-1920x3261.jpg

MeisterSinger_Lunascope_case1.jpg

8 hours ago, Rotundus said:

please dont call a submariner a 'no date' and dont put a 1 on the end of explorer.

Only another fanboy would say this. Lol classic!

Edited by JayDeep
  • Like 2

Just now, JayDeep said:

Since those clearly aren't you're pictures thus not your watches you own, I assume this means given if we had the money. While I do have the money for the ones I chose, I don't have these watches. Well I have one of them. If we're taking from our collection then I'll have to rethink my strategy just a tiny bit.

Black dial: Speedmaster Professional

Blue dial: Doxa Sub 300 Caribbean

White dial: Meistersinger Lunascope

Gets you a manual, auto, moon phase function, chronograph function, diver, dress, casual, and all high quality and respected pieces while each being unique.

omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-31130423001006-l.png

doxa-sub-300t-caribbean-8791020110-1920x3261.jpg

MeisterSinger_Lunascope_case1.jpg

Only another fanboy would say this. Lol classic!

I currently own the Submariner , i'm on the list(15 months so far) for an Explorer and i think i may PX my Ballon Bleu for a Cellini at some point

Being really, really old  --  and having both kids securely of my hands  --  I'm in the very lucky position that I can pick from my own small collection. There is not a great deal out there which I would rather have.

Aided by what I tend to put in my three-watch roll for "better quality" holidays (remember those?) my three would probably be . . . . . . 

Everyday ("sports") watch: HMC Pioneer Centre Second.

Quirky, slightly off-the-wall" piece: GO Panoreserve.

"For best" wear: MG Benu PR.

Not many complications. All "German speaking". 

20190913a-1000.JPG

20190615a-1000.JPG

20180909a-1000.JPG

201901207d-1000.JPG

20180113i-1000.jpg

20190612b-1000.jpg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, yokel said:

Being really, really old  etc etc :wheelchair:

20190913a-1000.JPG

thats rubbish ! look they forgot to paint the minute/second markers on the dial. I could do you a favour and take it off your hands for mates rates ...

:laughing2dw:

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

thats rubbish ! look they forgot to paint the minute/second markers on the dial. I could do you a favour and take it off your hands for mates rates ...

:laughing2dw:

Yokel, ignore the ol’ g!t. :tongue:

Whatever he :wheelchair: offers I’ll give you an extra fiver (cash)!

Lovely watch, your nicest, IMO.

:biggrin:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1