• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW Tuesday 25th

3 hours ago, sabailand said:

I know its all about light and angles etc but just shows how different the same watch can look, (im assuming the pics are yours).

Yes, these are my 'real time' pictures.

As part of the dial manufacture it is vertically brushed creating, being viewed at certain angles, & light conditions, an Trompe-L'oeil effect.

This short video explains some of the processes that go into dial manufacture...

HTH

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, chas g said:

Does it wear very big? The reason I ask, I am thinking of getting something fairly indestructible for my 8 year old grandson 

I recommend the Baby-G range as any other G-Shock will be too big IMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jonesinamillion said:

This seems to get more wrist time than almost anything else I own; cant quite put my finger on it...

It's small, doenst feel (and isnt) expensive, it's on an aftermarket nato, it's my only hand winder; I just love it!

It's beautiful.

5 hours ago, PaulBoy said:

OK, treated my Estoril 300 to a bit of "bling" & quite a change for me as I usually wear this on a fabric or leather strap - Feel free to :thumbsup: or :thumbdown: but I like it! :clap:

estoril mesh wrist

estoril mesh group

I like it - I have a shark mesh waiting for my incoming Seiko 5, and just hoping it fits and looks good - I notice your bracelet has some adjustment links, I had to adjust mine with a pair of rusty snips!

5 hours ago, JoT said:

large.PC150351.JPG.9f67085375f9acb4267174f8c5afcf63.JPG

I don't have my glasses on and thought that said 'Diningstar'  - I was like - that's the watch for me!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Having coffee in the blistering Sun! Wearing my vintage Zenith Automatic Circa 1969 :thumbsup:

20210525_155443.jpg

You tease!
Wondered when the ‘National Geographic’ would emerge.

Lovely timepiece!

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PaulBoy said:

a Dremel

wait ...  I have one of those ...

too late - I had to use snips without any rubber on the handles, as the rubber absorbed some of the force, so there was a lot of kung-fu style shouting as I snipped each link, although it did not sound particularly oriental, more anglo-saxon

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

This seems to get more wrist time than almost anything else I own; cant quite put my finger on it...

It's small, doenst feel (and isnt) expensive, it's on an aftermarket nato, it's my only hand winder; I just love it!

Better add a pic eh!

20210525_144210

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jonesinamillion said:

Better add a pic eh!

20210525_144210

my Hamilton is my current fave and has been since i bought it....your version is the missing link in my collection but i may buy a Bulova Hack first in this colorway

3 hours ago, chas g said:

Does it wear very big? The reason I ask, I am thinking of getting something fairly indestructible for my 8 year old grandson 

I do not think it will be a good idea for a kid with presumably puny wrists. Baby G as mentioned. Or just the classic F91w.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

I do not think it will be a good idea for a kid with presumably puny wrists. Baby G as mentioned. Or just the classic F91w.

Good luck.

You could win one of those in a raffle :whistle:

• Haha 2