• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Biatech Watch with beautiful dial

It will probably look nice and have a sparkle about it.

What makes me wonder about it is its description..

"The blue Aventurine combines the elements of Wind and Water in a gentle stone that resonates from the mind to the heart, working calmly, rationally, and steadily. It enhances the masculine energy in both males and females, and is a stone of self-discipline and inner strength, assisting one in making clear decisions and sticking by them. It promotes taking full responsibility for one’s life, relationships and experiences, while lending the support needed to empower change when the current reality isn’t working."

:huh:

still.. it will probably have a sparkle about it and look nice.

• Haha 1

I'm sure it's cool.

I just really wonder who these up'word'ly mobile watchmakers get to do their image/PR/webpages.

For instance, they even admit that the break 9/10 of their watch faces like that's a good thing and describe in the specifications the backplate coin as a 'coing!' (I wouldn't attempt to open it).

Looking at it's £1400+ pricetag makes my wallet cringe (these days I have to keep it in a different pocket than my mobile phone in case it attempts to grass me up to my bank manager) and so I've been looking more towards sub £500 toys and seen some interesting things out there. For instance, I've found a way to get an unbranded, hand wind casual blue number with solid SS bracelet for under £20 just to mix into my toys and keep me happy for a while. 

But you would think that the company selling a £1400 watch would at least get it's website spell checked.

JD hates it so it must be good :laughing2dw: easy fella just kidding :drinks:

i quite like the aesthetics and could do with something similar as a change of dress watch,  but i really don't dig limited editions.

what do folk think of the eterna calibre 39 movement generally ? caused a few ripples a few years back but it all went a bit quiet...

the watch blurb is the usual bollarks , price  seems is a bit stiff ?

how much do other brands charge for pieces with the same gubbins ?

+421  phone number - from Slovakia then - is that good or bad ?

Edited by Rotundus

The description in the link sounds like something you`d see in a sunday paper suppliment, the watch itself isnt cheap of course and i dare say may be decent...but im always a bit sceptical when i read stuff like..... 'The blue Aventurine combines the elements of wind and water in a gentle stone that resonates from the mind to the heart, working calmly, rationally, and steadily.'....and thats just one sentence.

1 hour ago, SolaVeritate said:

But you would think that the company selling a £1400 watch would at least get it's website spell checked.

You want to check your currency converter, the price quoted Inc VAT is €2490. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Rotundus said:

+421  phone number - from Slovakia then - is that good or bad ?

Is there a Slovakian Mafia?

Given how well received this thread is I'm worrying they'll be paying me a visit.

4 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

They're not to keen on Jocks driving Skodas over there. 

Do provide (the presumably very short) list of countries that are keen :laughing2dw:

4 hours ago, SolaVeritate said:

It will probably look nice and have a sparkle about it.

What makes me wonder about it is its description..

"The blue Aventurine combines the elements of Wind and Water in a gentle stone that resonates from the mind to the heart, working calmly, rationally, and steadily. It enhances the masculine energy in both males and females, and is a stone of self-discipline and inner strength, assisting one in making clear decisions and sticking by them. It promotes taking full responsibility for one’s life, relationships and experiences, while lending the support needed to empower change when the current reality isn’t working."

:huh:

still.. it will probably have a sparkle about it and look nice.

A fitting candidate for Pseuds Corner. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

thank god i am a mick then :thumbsup:

When I lived in the Czech Republic we met a couple of Irish lads who were working there, one night one of them was picked up by the local Plod. 

Mainly because he was found passed out on the middle of a roundabout minus his trousers. 

At that time booze was really cheap over there and if you got mugged or got in the wrong taxi they took your clothes as well as your wallet. It happened to one of our lads as well, found up a side street, no wallet, no passport, no clothes and the only phone number that he could remember was his mother's in Newcastle. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

If I may just return to a consideration of the Biatech watch blue aventurine dial, I note that in the pics of the watch the dial is all-over dark blue with even spangling. I do wonder whether the stone has been enhanced, which is a very common process in the precious and semi-precious stone business; pictures of natural blue aventurine quartz tend to show an uneven blue colour, and a generally paler stone without so much even gold spattering.

4 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

A fitting candidate for Pseuds Corner. 

Sounds like it would fit in nicely with all the Cottage Cheese Philosophy that seems to get posted on Farcebook just lately.

quite a nice dressy looking watch, though.