• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tudor Black Bay Ceramic ... this one is going to be popular ...

I've had the Black Bay Dark on my radar for a while as i've wanted an all black watch for some time but i've recently scratched that itch with a Bulova Lunar Pilot.... This Carbon looks very nice, naff name though.

(9)Tudor black bay dark.jpg

this photo is the old "Dark" not the new iteration

Edited by midnitemo
  • Like 1

'Master chronometer' -  that's a bit Omega-ish, isn't it?

I'll stick with my DSOTM. All the Johnny come lately's are just following in it's stream. 

Edited by Caller.

2 hours ago, Marcin said:

Ceramic case, METAS certified, half price of ceramic seamaster, in-house movement with 70 hours power reserve. What's not to like?

The silly hands. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Marcin said:

Ceramic case, METAS certified, half price of ceramic seamaster, in-house movement with 70 hours power reserve. What's not to like? I like it a lot:)

I don't like it, but I like that you like it lol

1 hour ago, AVO said:

The silly hands. :laugh:

It's quite easy to fit new hands.  Although difficult to buy aftermarket hands with C3 lume (or equal).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

It's quite easy to fit new hands.

That’s okay, thanks. My philosophy is quite simple: don’t like hands, don’t buy watch. Plenty more out there.

14 minutes ago, AVO said:

That’s okay, thanks. My philosophy is quite simple: don’t like hands, don’t buy watch. Plenty more out there.

I thought that, until I bought a special edition version of a watch precisely because the hands looked much better in the advertisement than the standard versions; but then it turned out the advertising 'render' being used was not the version that got made, because the watch arrived with the unwanted slightly skinnier hands.   So I could have sent it back, but instead I turned it into the watch I really wanted, by buying correctly proportioned hands.  And now it is perfect, and unique - even the chap I bought the hands from said it looked like it was 'meant to be' after I changed the hands.  I have passed my design tips on to the manufacturer for their next production run.  They were really grateful.  :whistle:

Edited by Jet Jetski

If I had a spare £3k I would definitely be rushing to the AD to try this. Never worn a ceramic watch so would definitely need to try it on.

Very nice (and I've until now had a totally unwarranted dislike for everything Tudor - which is possibly Beckham related).

a bit MEH for me. 

While i realise the black bay is Tudors hottest watch, im a bit bored with Tudor these days. they used to be the exciting cousin of Rolex, now they just seem to be relying on one model line and chucking every colour and material at it....its not even like ceramic is new to tudor (the fastrider has done it for years).....or new to other watch brands..Rado do it far better IMHO