UK Watch Forum banner

Does any watch actually look good on a 'Bond' NATO?

3K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  Rotundus 
#1 ·
I bought an 18mm for a particular watch,that looked OK, but the date window was not quite square on the wheel, and even a service / repair could not fix it, so I sold the watch, and the strap has only served since as a temporary strap for any 18mm lug watch arriving without one - the person buying the aforementioned watch even said I could keep the strap, hence the reason I still have it!

I sometimes put it on a watch, and think, "well, maybe", but it never stays on for long.

I also 'inherited' a 22mm version with a watch that arrived with 3 straps, but that has remained pristine and unused.

So, I know it is a very popular version, but I hardly ever see watch pictures posted on a Bond NATO, and I have a suspicion that it suits very few watches.

Anybody had any 'success' with this style / pattern?

#2 ·
I have quite a nice quality bond nato, and I think your right. It's been on every watch but never stays too long. Just something about it doesn't look quite right. Although I do like the colourings in theory it should appeal to me, but in practice always just never seems to feel right. Maybe one to be left to Mr Bond himself.

Although saying that I have picked up a bond strap which is a slight variation on the bond which does work with a certain watch I have. Will have to post pictures later though!

#8 ·
I have an Estoril 300 which is sold on a Bond Nato & I think it works well & I bought a Bond Para (yes I know it's not a Nato!) which I think works well on my Victorinox Chrono :argue:

estoril nato wrist

victorinox chrono bond para wrist
I get what the OP is saying, I like my Carrera on a grey and black para, mainly for the comfort of wear, but the lugs don't look right I know

Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Gesture

I do however love the look and wear of my C65 on the same strap

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Watch accessory

I think it feels and looks fantastic.

I do appreciate that I'm going with they grey and black refered to as Bond, and not the actual bond, and also that an elasticated strap is not an actual NATO.

Attachments

#21 ·
I tried a Bond NATO on several watches and didn't like it, also tried various other striped NATO and didn't like them either - maybe I have just not found the right one

My favourite is a plain grey NATO I bought from Roy 15+ years ago, it is stitched rather than welded and is made of a different fabric than those you find today

I also quite like the plain black single pass NATO

#42 ·

Attachments

#23 ·
I can recall my dad wearing stripey canvas straps on his watches. But that was the late 60's and fashions have changed since then :))

I love them though, including the "Bond" bottom left:

stripes.jpg

Reactions: wrenny1969
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.