UK Watch Forum banner

Thursday 27th WRUW

1K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  Jet Jetski 
#1 ·
The sun has got his hat on .. hip hip horrah :clap:

Cvcw5FD.jpg

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The combination of this watch, this strap and my wrist fits together so comfortably, that when coupled with my current levels of exhaustion I fell asleep with it and so yesterday's watch got a full night on the wrist to become this mornings watch too.

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

I don't think I've slept in a watch since I was a kid when I got a Rambo digital watch and loved it so much I kept it strapped tight to my wrist for an unbroken period of weeks until I removed it under the insistence of my mum to find unnaturally smooth wrist skin and mounds of dirt and grime.

Attachments

#16 ·
Morning,

Today it's an electronic Tradition, the premier house brand of Sears Roebuck.

Anecdotally, these were put together for Sears by various manufacturers - whether Hamilton, Tissot or Heuer, take your pick, and depending on the model, they came with different power plants, having used both Swiss and Japanese movements. This one has the 13j ESA 9154 transistorised Dynotron movement.

It probably dates to around 1970 and, happily, has been spared the flamboyancies of the later '70s, this one being a bit more, ahem,"Traditionally" styled.

Regards.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Rim Circle Crankset Jewellery Wood

Attachments

#19 ·
Addy the Postie has been, and so a change again to something new (to me) having received the little Seiko 5 I purchased yesterday in a bargain Ebay auction.

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Material property

I was a little taken with the SS bezel, at 37mm diameter it is on the small end of my range, but actually wears really nice. The bezel is fixed so nothing to play fiddle with, and to be perfectly honest the finish on the case and details on the dial are quite remarkable for a watch that is about £150 brand new.

It really does sit nice a low on the wrist and I think it looks lovely.

Watch Arm Analog watch Clock Gadget

As always seems to be the case with Seiko's (at this end of the range at least) the bracelet feels a little light and cheap, but again the finish is pretty damn good, there is a bit of taper and the clasp is decent, I just think the hollowness of the links is a little unsatistfying.

Overall very pleased (not least that it cost beans, and I only paid yesterday afternoon after the school run and it arrived in this mornings post!).

As a little bonus, neither the advert or the pictures made any reference to the box, and yet it turned up with both the inner and outer boxes and even the correct tag attached.

Now I'm toying with the idea of getting the gold version so I can join @mach 0.0013137 in a spot of double wristing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284302064961?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Finally, given the Amazon Prime level of service from the seller on EBay, it would be remiss of me to not give them a mention (they are a watch selling business, and my experience as detailed above has been very good. No guaantees, but their feedback rating does suggest it is maybe not just a case of they particularly liked me and wanted my appreciation!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/watchnationshopltd?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Attachments

#24 ·
Addy the Postie has been, and so a change again to something new (to me) having received the little Seiko 5 I purchased yesterday in a bargain Ebay auction.

View attachment 30798

I was a little taken with the SS bezel, at 37mm diameter it is on the small end of my range, but actually wears really nice. The bezel is fixed so nothing to play fiddle with, and to be perfectly honest the finish on the case and details on the dial are quite remarkable for a watch that is about £150 brand new.

View attachment 30800

It really does sit nice a low on the wrist and I think it looks lovely.

View attachment 30799

As always seems to be the case with Seiko's (at this end of the range at least) the bracelet feels a little light and cheap, but again the finish is pretty damn good, there is a bit of taper and the clasp is decent, I just think the hollowness of the links is a little unsatistfying.

Overall very pleased (not least that it cost beans, and I only paid yesterday afternoon after the school run and it arrived in this mornings post!).

As a little bonus, neither the advert or the pictures made any reference to the box, and yet it turned up with both the inner and outer boxes and even the correct tag attached.

Now I'm toying with the idea of getting the gold version so I can join @mach 0.0013137 in a spot of double wristing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284302064961?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Finally, given the Amazon Prime level of service from the seller on EBay, it would be remiss of me to not give them a mention (they are a watch selling business, and my experience as detailed above has been very good. No guaantees, but their feedback rating does suggest it is maybe not just a case of they particularly liked me and wanted my appreciation!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/watchnationshopltd?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Very nice, I like a fixed bezel as per Rolex explorer. It stops me from repeatedly checking whether the bezel is aligned correctly. Not sure about the "gold" one though but don't know why

#20 ·
East Germany again . . . . . . . . . yes, again!

Attachments

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good morning all :thumbsup:

A couple from China for my first pair...

PARNIS, Seagull ST 3621 17 Jewels

Watch Photograph Analog watch White Product

:biggrin:​

Attachments

#29 ·
So you know when someone sends you a free Geckota, so you think "maybe I'll go onto the Geckota site and see if I can see a strap for it".

... I didn't buy a strap... (well, technically there was one attached to this)

Some times you fall down the rabbit hole, other times you are pushed down it by a kindly neighbour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.