• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Asian 6497/8 power.

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

How do they compare with the Swiss original ? I remember @Roy using them, so they must be alright. I have just ordered one with the intention of taking it to bits. What could possibly go wrong ? :laughing2dw:

They are fine and capable of keeping good time. 
I’ve never had a problem with them. 

On 29/05/2021 at 21:14, WRENCH said:

How do they compare with the Swiss original ? I remember @Roy using them, so they must be alright. I have just ordered one with the intention of taking it to bits. What could possibly go wrong ? :laughing2dw:

I would say very good for the money i've had 3 now over a period of time and they've all been fine , the last one i got was £25 from china on eBay but it looks like they've gone up a little bit now but still around £30

Edited by andyclient
addition
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2021 at 22:19, Roy said:

They are fine and capable of keeping good time. 
I’ve never had a problem with them. 

Ordered enough to build a watch, chickend out when it came to fitting the hands, so got a mate with more experience (and proper tools) to fit them, he also put it on his timegrapher and couldn't believe how accurate it was out of the box.

On 03/06/2021 at 08:55, andyclient said:

I would say very good for the money i've had 3 now over a period of time and they've all been fine , the last one i got was £25 from china on eBay but it looks like they've gone up a little bit now but still around £30

I had a good hunt around eBay and got one (new) for a little over £20. In total the whole lot came to under £50, and appeared in 8 days from China. 

• Like 2