• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Newmark

Guy guys, recently acquired an unworn Newmark field watch, never really heard of them but seem very well made!

Anyone have any experience with them at all as I'm curious? Only thing I'm not so keen on is the lack of date but I suppose it keeps it simple haha

43 minutes ago, carlgulliver said:

Guy guys, recently acquired an unworn Newmark field watch, never really heard of them but seem very well made!

Anyone have any experience with them at all as I'm curious? Only thing I'm not so keen on is the lack of date but I suppose it keeps it simple haha

The current Newmark is a rebirth of an old brand and has no connection to the original company - first watches were released in 2018

I have a Field Watch with the gilt dial, very pleased with it

Newmark watches started in the 40s, they were a basic cheap watch. 

Some clever person has bought the trade name and has started producing some watches. 

If you search the Internet I'm sure you can find them, I would post a, picture of mine, but I don't have the knowledge to do so. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, antony said:

Newmark watches started in the 40s, they were a basic cheap watch. 

Some clever person has bought the trade name and has started producing some watches. 

If you search the Internet I'm sure you can find them, I would post a, picture of mine, but I don't have the knowledge to do so. 

More likely that the name and trade mark was defunct rather than it being bought, the original company stopped making watches in 1961 and started importing watches marketed under various brand names, they were also importers of Breitling, Cyma, Swatch and others. What was left of the watch business went into receivership in 1995.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, antony said:

The clever person is Ewan Wilson, who has been enamoured with watches most of his life. A really nice bloke; I recall buying some straps from him many years ago.

https://wornandwound.com/the-last-of-the-fabulous-four-is-back-introducing-the-newmark-6bb-raf-chronograph/