• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Diamond stud watches

So in my search for a slightly shiny black dial watch, I’ve stumbled across the Longines Master collection L27934576. It’s got diamond studs at each of the hour markers with two studs at 12. I can’t tell whether I like it or not - is definitely a bit more “shiny” than a plain black dial but can’t quite get over the feeling it makes the watch a bit feminine.

Thoughts on diamonds on watches generally? 

(Not sure how to post a pic..)

29 minutes ago, sabailand said:

For me diamonds make a watch look tacky, imagine how much better that watch would look with simple hour markers.

I’m not entirely sure I agree with the tacky point overall. As a woman’s watch I think it would like nice, and think the diamonds are quite nicely done - fairly subtle, not too “showy”.

BUT I think I probably agree with you for a man’s watch - it looks a bit try hard almost. Their master collection with the Roman numerals is one of the few watches with Roman numerals I’ve liked and is much better than the diamonds.

However, the diamonds on the (mens) textured cream dial version look a lot better - although I’d still query whether they’re actually needed. (L2.910.4.77.3)

longines-the-longines-master-collection-

52 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

I’m not entirely sure I agree with the tacky point overall. As a woman’s watch I think it would like nice, and think the diamonds are quite nicely done - fairly subtle, not too “showy”.

BUT I think I probably agree with you for a man’s watch - it looks a bit try hard almost. Their master collection with the Roman numerals is one of the few watches with Roman numerals I’ve liked and is much better than the diamonds.

However, the diamonds on the (mens) textured cream dial version look a lot better - although I’d still query whether they’re actually needed. (L2.910.4.77.3)

I`ve got this thing about diamonds in mens watches (womens watches can get away with it) it probably stems back from many years ago well before online shopping when i used to look in catologues, there were those all gold coloured watches with a plain black dial and a fake diamond at number twelve, there were a number of variations on the theme, horrible looking things.:huh:

Edited by sabailand

2 hours ago, Bobby123 said:

Nope just straight up tacky. And ditto the yuck comment as well. And that's putting it undeservingly politely.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1