• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Are you on the cusp ...

Any watches you have been watching for a long time? I am millimetres away from buying a Bremont, but I need to go into the shop to examine it with a loupe, some I have seen don't have the best junction between chapter ring and the dial.  I am on the cusp ...

Anything you want to see in (or on) the flesh, before taking the plunge?

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

Yep, in the market for an everyday watch (will be my only watch and expect it to last 30years+ as my last Omega did), short list is Omega Aqua Terra 41mm with white dial, orange second hand and bracelet (maybe with additional rubber strap), Grand Seiko SBGA211 Snowflake and Rolex Air King. Saw the Omega on a rubber strap today, nice watch, modern feel but need to compare all three if I can find a dealer who has all of them in stock (big if!). May need a trip to London midweek when the schools are back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

I fancy a Ball watch but there are so many models. I can’t decide which one. 

My postman wants one too, but I advised him against a used one as the tritium tubes will lose their glow, and that is their USP so you want them as bright as possible 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scottswatches said:

My postman wants one too, but I advised him against a used one as the tritium tubes will lose their glow, and that is their USP so you want them as bright as possible 

That’s true. I would only buy a new one, but which one :huh: can’t decide. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

I've been sensible enough never to invest in a loupe.  Terrified that I'll find fault with all my watches and never buy another!

Might save you some money. :yes:

• Agree 1

Exactly what i was going to say Roy, am interested in the Ball GMT "Pepsi"

And yes the tubes do lose there glow, but after 25 years.................. also Ball will refit new tubes, you can either send the complete watch or just the dial back to them and they will fit new, so its not really an issue anymore.........

I also love their "Railroad" ones, they have a completely new inhouse calibre as well as the ETA 2824, also the "RR" on the seconds hand is a nice touch :) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bonzodog said:

Here’s my two to help you along,both these are ex display with a hefty discount.

5A2B1C20-7E2A-466E-B4F3-7FA4A26759A8.jpeg

You can see what I mean about the junction between chapter ring and dial between 3 and 6.

2 hours ago, Roy said:

That’s true. I would only buy a new one, but which one :huh: can’t decide. 

I went for the engineer Pioneer because I thought the tubes suited the style of  hands best.  But there were other contenders.  It helped that this one was in the sale, IFC available, and I was tipsy.

IMG_20210502_070034174(1)(1).thumb.jpg.48b4896f9041f59eed31165e7c22e98a.jpg

My best ever drunk buy!

• Like 3