• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

After deciding on a Union Glashutte...

..I was gutted to learn that I couldn't source the watch in the UK, meaning I was facing c£400 import duty (Thanks Brexit)...Anyway, after looking at an absurd about of watches, I plumped for the Nomos Tangente 38 in midnight blue, and I must say I'm very excited to receive it. 

Does anyone know if the c7 week lead time they're quoting is likely to be accurate? The salesperson suggested it is often way shorter, but I couldn't work out if that was just a ploy to push the sale through.

0166_0167_tangente_38_nachtblau_3d_pr-de

• Like 3

No idea about the lead time, sorry. However, in opting for Second-Best you have chosen what is in my opinion a superb watch. I used to have the 35.5 mm Tangente with a white dial.  It is one that I have always regretted selling. 

Congratulations, and enjoy the watch when you get it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaxW said:

..I was gutted to learn that I couldn't source the watch in the UK, meaning I was facing c£400 import duty (Thanks Brexit)...Anyway, after looking at an absurd about of watches, I plumped for the Nomos Tangente 38 in midnight blue, and I must say I'm very excited to receive it. 

Does anyone know if the c7 week lead time they're quoting is likely to be accurate? The salesperson suggested it is often way shorter, but I couldn't work out if that was just a ploy to push the sale through.

0166_0167_tangente_38_nachtblau_3d_pr-de

If you were buying a new watch from a business based in the EU then the final price would not be much different if we were in or out of the EU. When we were in the EU VAT would have been in cluded in the price and the VAT paid to revenue in that country e.g. Germany. Now the price would exclude VAT and that would be collected by customs on import to the UK.  You would pay a handling fee to the courier  and that would be the same regardless of the cost of the watch.

Buying pre owned watches from the EU is another matter as you pay VAT on the price despite the fact that VAT was paid in the home country.

I was looking at a nearly new watch from a private seller on Chrono24. 

The more I look at both watches and hear from the good folk on here, the more convinced I am that I stumbled upon the right decision.