• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Longines Spirit - anyone got one (or seen one in the flesh?)

Hi all, I’m struggling to track one of these down in any ADs near me to try on. Case size of 40mm looks good for me on paper but I’ve read reports the lug to lug is quite long (and looks that way from some of the pics). Anyone got one or seen one in person and can confirm? 

Very much liking the design. Between that and the Sinn 556i (possibly a black bay if I save a bit longer) I think for my next purchase - and likely to come down to which wears better. 

11 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Thanks. Would be looking at the 40mm rather than 42 (and non chrono version, not that that will change the lug to lug size I wouldn’t imagine)  but the last post in that thread suggests the lugs on the 40mm were too large for the poster also (although not much detail on that). Not looking promising though!

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

I've had one on and I do like it. However it reminded me too much of another watch I owned that cost a whole lot less.

h70555533.png

Yes not a bad shout. Not enough about the longines for you to pay the extra 1k if you were choosing between the two?

1 minute ago, Bobby123 said:

Yes not a bad shout. Not enough about the longines for you to pay the extra 1k if you were choosing between the two?

It depends on how much you want the Longines really. The chronometer status will hike the price, and it is certainly better quality, and my preference would be for the Longines dial. The Hamilton I had ran in the region of +3 seconds/24 hours, and the strap was excellent quality too.