• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The next Bond watch?

20 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Let them have something on a bund so we can be certain that they're up to no good.

It’s usually pretty obvious anyway. The plotlines and characterisation are hardly deep and sophisticated. Arch nemesis villain wants to rule the world, Jimmy B gets sent off with some toys to do something about it and after several near death experiences and a couple of good hearty 5h@gs, he wins. Good fun though.

Christopher Ward Sealander Elite.

C63-40-ADA3-T00-K0-TKO.jpg

Edited by AVO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, AVO said:

It’s usually pretty obvious anyway. The plotlines and characterisation are hardly deep and sophisticated. Arch nemesis villain wants to rule the world, Jimmy B gets sent off with some toys to do something about it and after several near death experiences and a couple of good hearty 5h@gs, he wins.

Spoiler alert!

In truth, I don't think I've seen a bind film since the baddie had a cat and smoked (assuming they don't still have a cat and smoke).

Or was that Danger Mouse?

4 minutes ago, Bow said:

Bundist.

happy-fat-buddha.jpg

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, AVO said:

Arch nemesis villain wants to rule the world, Jimmy B gets sent off with some toys to do something about it and after several near death experiences and a couple of good hearty 5h@gs, he wins. Good fun though.

How did you manage to get a hold of my CV 

:huh:

IMG-2861.jpg

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

They wish 

More chances of me winning the Euro Lottery than that happening 

In the real non fictitious world do they know how much clout Rolex/Omega/Seiko have

Balancing act though, it's not all about marketing budgets and "clout" or Bond wouldn't be driving an Aston Martin. 

14 hours ago, AVO said:

It’s usually pretty obvious anyway. The plotlines and characterisation are hardly deep and sophisticated. Arch nemesis villain wants to rule the world, Jimmy B gets sent off with some toys to do something about it and after several near death experiences and a couple of good hearty 5h@gs, he wins. Good fun though.

Christopher Ward Sealander Elite.

C63-40-ADA3-T00-K0-TKO.jpg

Where is the crown? :swoon:

44 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I didn't 

20.jpg?w=1000

They missed one...

Interesting read, that link (thanks for posting, @WRENCH), but at a quck glance, a couple of others missing, too...the Toyota 2000GT from 'You only Live Twice', though the convertible model shown in the film was a custom one off, and never actually produced, and the Ford Mustang Mach 1 from 'Diamonds Are Forever'. I expect there are others.

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I can't find the article, but I read in the early films, some of the products had to be bought/hired.

It wouldn't surprise me. I've never read any of the books so no idea if Smirnoff was actually mentioned. 

In a slightly different scenario years ago when I used to buy machine tools I went to a dealer to see one that we were interested in. 

In the corner of the showroom they had a big cnc milling machine all covered up. The sales bloke told me it was a trial for an F1 team, they wouldn't even let me have a peek under the cover as there were parts on a fixture. I suggested that that should be a good bit of business for him. Apparently not, he said they wanted them FOC and in return they could mention in their sales literature that they were a supplier to said F1 team, he said that sort of thing was pretty common. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1