• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Repainting the time segments (red and pink)on a Vostok "Radio Room" watch in the UK.

New to this forum and had a bit of a search without success so wondering if someone can advise please?

Bought a 1980's Vostok Radio Room watch and keen to get just the red/pink segments on the face repainted as they have completely faded away and started to flake.  The rest of the face is ok and has the anchor just to the right of the "6" making it (I think) one of the earlier ones?

Tried a UK company and they quoted me £650 as they would need to make a template from scratch. That's probably 10 times what the watch is worth when finished!

Can anyone advise anywhere else in the Uk when I can get the work done please? Failing that a source of the original face would be equally welcome but is has to be the one with the anchor on it.

Many thanks.

9 hours ago, Nick1963 said:

Can anyone advise anywhere else in the Uk when I can get the work done please? Failing that a source of the original face would be equally welcome but is has to be the one with the anchor on it.

Many thanks.

Try a worldwide search on eBay for a replacement.

Bear in mind that there are at least two (to my knowledge) versions of the vintage Vostok "Radio Room" watch, the "Albatross" and the "Generalskie" and the dials are not quite the same.

If you go for a replacement dial (which I agree is the best option) just make sure you choose the right one for your watch.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Nick1963 said:

Many thanks for the prompt responses thus far.  Tried E-Bay but no luck so far so will keep looking, and hoping!

It's worth keeping an eye on these type of sellers for parts,

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TimekeeperArt?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=950041997

You could also try messaging them with a picture of the dial you want.

• Agree 1