Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Lush Incoming !! - Citizen


Sulie
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Great score, Sulie :thumbsup:...at just over 9oz the 'Ecozilla' is a solid chunk...I expect the titanium version is slightly lighter, but way more pricey. Cool lume, too. Here's mine...

large.20171001_120851.jpg.637ab62eaefd44ebef8673d2cbda69ce.jpg

large.20170505_131338.jpg.fa4d1302fd179d162761a4fbeac2801b.jpg

large.20190714_091628.jpg.41686660011ed1fe121ae73b67a7e7ab.jpg

Thanks Roger/all 

I can’t wait to walk the dog tonight and lume it up :yes: 

just need a rubber strap for it .. in the meantime this sailcloth is fabulous 

and may change to a chain link 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I see you have the titanium version, Bowie...just out of interest, how much lighter is it than the SS version?

I have not owt to see how lighter it is need some battery in the wifes scales.:laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

First time I've seen one on a strap. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Mine actually came on the rarely seen official bracelet, complete with box, spare links, screwdriver and spring bar tool. The bracelet may well be contributing to that 9oz weight as it's solid.

large.20170505_125037.jpg.d6eba84ff7e470c78920b7f1af2c61fa.jpg

large.20170505_125152.jpg.9a786eec9836fe05ae2246855698a522.jpg

large.20170505_131028.jpg.5a45a222f28354247cc1aba3c9ba0825.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My friend had one of those many years ago. I tried it on & I was surprised at how comfy it was to wear. Don't think I could stand it on the bracelet though & I'd have to have the strap version. Lovely - if that's the right word? - watch :thumbs_up:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now on a carbon style strap with orange piping .. so new I’m going to have to bend the strap around a vice to get it round my wrists :biggrin:  Still need a bracelet 

but I think this will suffice until resolved 

1FOOFZa.jpg

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't recall, but I think these either are, or at least do come in titanium, no? If so that would definitely help with weight and the feel of the wrist presence, at least. Otherwise that's one bad mamajamma! And yes, that's a technical term. If you use it in the future please cite your references.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sulie said:

Now on a carbon style strap with orange piping .. so new I’m going to have to bend the strap around a vice to get it round my wrists :biggrin:  Still need a bracelet 

but I think this will suffice until resolved 

1FOOFZa.jpg

 

That looks phenomenal

On 04/06/2021 at 14:32, Sulie said:

Lume o’clock :thumbs_up:

x01AK8s.jpg

That looks nuclear!!! Awesome!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JayDeep said:

I can't recall, but I think these either are, or at least do come in titanium, no? If so that would definitely help with weight and the feel of the wrist presence, at least. Otherwise that's one bad mamajamma! And yes, that's a technical term. If you use it in the future please cite your references.

Yes, you're correct, Jay. There's a titanium version above in @bowie's first post, mine and @Sulie's are the SS version. There was also an auto version aptly named the 'Autozilla' in titanium. Here's a Youtube vid of one compared to a titanium Ecozilla. The auto version was the only one of the 'zilla' models to be equipped with a HEV and it displayed the day as well as the date.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2021 at 19:19, Roger the Dodger said:

Mine actually came on the rarely seen official bracelet, complete with box, spare links, screwdriver and spring bar tool. The bracelet may well be contributing to that 9oz weight as it's solid.

large.20170505_125037.jpg.d6eba84ff7e470c78920b7f1af2c61fa.jpg

large.20170505_125152.jpg.9a786eec9836fe05ae2246855698a522.jpg

large.20170505_131028.jpg.5a45a222f28354247cc1aba3c9ba0825.jpg

 

I really love the knurling on the case. Not what I would call a pretty watch but there is something about it that I really like. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chas g said:

I really love the knurling on the case. Not what I would call a pretty watch but there is something about it that I really like. 

Nope agreed, these things are straight up tools!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2021 at 18:30, Roger the Dodger said:

Great score, Sulie :thumbsup:...at just over 9oz the 'Ecozilla' is a solid chunk...I expect the titanium version is slightly lighter, but way more pricey. Cool lume, too. Here's mine...

large.20171001_120851.jpg.637ab62eaefd44ebef8673d2cbda69ce.jpg

large.20170505_131338.jpg.fa4d1302fd179d162761a4fbeac2801b.jpg

large.20190714_091628.jpg.41686660011ed1fe121ae73b67a7e7ab.jpg

Is it really 250gms (9 ounces). That is about twice the weight if a breitling avenger 2 which I thought was a very heavy watch 

On 04/06/2021 at 18:20, Sulie said:

Oh my .. seen a few of these.. and now I finally have one :toot:

for its size it’s soooo comfy and I love the impact of the dial .. imho it’s stunning... one more to appear next week :whistle:

boibXo0.jpg

Stunning!! Can I ask the approximate thickness of the watch and did you buy new or preowned thanks Chas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chas g said:

Is it really 250gms (9 ounces). That is about twice the weight if a breitling avenger 2 which I thought was a very heavy watch 

Stunning!! Can I ask the approximate thickness of the watch and did you buy new or preowned thanks Chas

As I mentioned above, the bracelet must add a bit of heft, but the scales don't lie, as per the pic above near the top. The watch is nearly 19mm (3/4") thick and has a 6mm thick crystal.

large.20170505_124902.jpg.a19ee1bbe064986a42424e641a2ddbad.jpg

It sits fairly high on the wrist, and you certainly wouldn't get it under a shirt cuff.

large.20170505_131414.jpg.1d836ed06d272c1f94a056c00f40601a.jpg

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...