• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Good Source For 16mm Watch Bracelets

Can anybody recommend a good source for 16mm stainless steel bracelets, more in a vintage style if possible. JoT pointed me at Forstner but they seem expensive and are in the USA

I have tried mesh bracelets which I really like but because of my tiny wrists there is too much length on the tail of the bracelet which makes it uncomfortable, I need something with a good number of removable links

It depends on the cost or worth of the watch.

When I began looking for bracelets (I can't wear leather or rubber, I rash) I think the first I bought was around £25 from a jewelers but I wasn't happy with it so for the same money I got 4 different ones for £30 from aliexpress 3 were good quality, the other one was rubbish but that was 3 decent solid bracelets. £55 spent on an £80 watch. I learned fast.

If its anything up to or around £100 I chase up the sellers on the bay. If its under £50 then aliexpress will do (but you can wait up to a month). For more expensive watches pay the cost and get the good bracelets (and remember to get good pins too). 

I've found out that the bracelets from China (the more expensive ones) are the same as most of the bracelets from the microbrands around £500. 

For example, I've bought what I thought was a similar one as on my new Boctok and its identical. Seriously. Obviously Boctok are sourcing them from the same factory but in bulk. Same with TW Steel watches. Theirs are also sold in aliexpress.

For vintage and vintage style thinner pieces, I've found the Bay to be the best place. 

I've also been to some of the more expensive places for bracelets but because I kick around looking at bracelets quite a lot, I've seen the same ones being sold cheaper from China (obviously they sorce them from there too).

I will say again though.. buy good quality lug pins.

Thank you both :)

I bought what JoT said looked like a decent 16mm bracelet, it arrived and looked OK , suited the watch, problem was after JoT took out all the removable links it was still too big and the butterfly type fastener was uncomfortable even with the loose bracelet. Trouble is I can't send it back now and have wasted £21

I like the fine mesh straps but they all seem to be 7 to 8 inches long and with my tiny wrists it means I have 3 or 4 inches of the tail of the mesh to deal with and again it is uncomfortable.

I have ordered one of these to try out but I am not 100% sure, the eyelets seem very prominent 

s-l500.jpg 

I have also ordered a leather strap in desperation :laugh:

There are expensive options but as the watch is a £25 EBay win I can't justify too much, I have already doubled my buying price 

6 hours ago, rolexgirl said:

Thank you both :)

I bought what JoT said looked like a decent 16mm bracelet, it arrived and looked OK , suited the watch, problem was after JoT took out all the removable links it was still too big and the butterfly type fastener was uncomfortable even with the loose bracelet. Trouble is I can't send it back now and have wasted £21

I like the fine mesh straps but they all seem to be 7 to 8 inches long and with my tiny wrists it means I have 3 or 4 inches of the tail of the mesh to deal with and again it is uncomfortable.

I have ordered one of these to try out but I am not 100% sure, the eyelets seem very prominent 

s-l500.jpg 

I have also ordered a leather strap in desperation :laugh:

There are expensive options but as the watch is a £25 EBay win I can't justify too much, I have already doubled my buying price 

Post a picture of the watch. 

Is it a mesh metal bracelet you want? How big is your wrist etc?

Edit .. BTW, Those bracelets are very uncomfortable. 

Edited by SolaVeritate