UK Watch Forum banner

Sunday Newbs. Post 1990.

2K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  rafy1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Seiko 'Caesar' chrono. Based on the 7T92 movement. There was also a kinetic non chrono version of this watch.

See less See more
#4 ·
On this day in 2004 i rose at 3AM left my wife and children sleeping in our rented gite and made my way to Omaha beach to be on it at Sunrise , i remember wearing this watch as i used the alarm facility to back up my phone alarm , It was an amazing if somewhat sombre day during which i met and chatted too many veteran's , sadly each year there are fewer and fewer.....We will remember them.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Attachments

#18 ·
On this day in 2004 i rose at 3AM left my wife and children sleeping in our rented gite and made my way to Omaha beach to be on it at Sunrise , i remember wearing this watch as i used the alarm facility to back up my phone alarm , It was an amazing if somewhat sombre day during which i met and chatted too many veteran's , sadly each year there are fewer and fewer.....We will remember them.

View attachment 31263
Great story and memories.. and yes least we forget them .. should be every day of our lives ...

Morning :)

Lot of great watches today :thumbsup: , now i'm about to lower the tone, considerably. :laughing2dw:

Away to do some work in the back garden, and after reading @Always"watching" Kahuna thread, thought I would dig out an old watch that was a trusty work watch back in the day, Got it in the 90s for approx £20/£30 and was a great servant and took a lot of punishment at my work, but kept going, although the original velcro strap is done, hasn't been on the wrist for a long time, but changed the battery and still ticking. Fine for working in the garden on a Sunday. If it & I keep ticking may make the seniors thread in a few years. :laughing2dw:

View attachment 31276
I like those splashes on the dial .. lovely surf watch :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Seiko 'Caesar' chrono. Based on the 7T92 movement. There was also a kinetic non chrono version of this watch.

Awesome :notworthy: I need a yellow dial too :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

#9 ·
From the (IMHO) sublime yesterday, back down to earth today.

Stowa Flieger Klassik. 40mm stainless steel. ETA 2824 Top automatic.

Watch Plant Analog watch Wood Clock

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Gadget

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Rectangle

Watch Analog watch Plant Clock Watch accessory

Attachments

#13 ·

Lot of great watches today :thumbsup: , now i'm about to lower the tone, considerably. :laughing2dw:

Away to do some work in the back garden, and after reading @Always"watching" Kahuna thread, thought I would dig out an old watch that was a trusty work watch back in the day, Got it in the 90s for approx £20/£30 and was a great servant and took a lot of punishment at my work, but kept going, although the original velcro strap is done, hasn't been on the wrist for a long time, but changed the battery and still ticking. Fine for working in the garden on a Sunday. If it & I keep ticking may make the seniors thread in a few years. :laughing2dw:

Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Material property

Attachments

#16 ·

View attachment 31276
Hmmmm..... reminds me of this:

Thinking that quartz watches never need a service is just plain wrong. If you have potentially a 40 year battery in a quartz watch of decent quality it will need serviced (probably about every 10 years or so.. has anyone got an Omega quartz?).

#20 ·
Having been instructed to clean the BBQ that has sat behind the shed since last year, I've decided it best to retire the Datejust for a while

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Wrist

Attachments

#29 ·
What a great thread... There are just too many wonderful images of good watches here for me to go through and respond to everyone. :thumbsup:

I must just thank @Graham60 for including that humble Kahuna surfer style watch on the thread. That particular series of Kahuna watches was pretty good and Kahuna was one of the brands that actually got me into being interested in watches - I still have a rather nice, then inexpensive, Kahuna chronograph I bought new which came on a substantial leather cuff strap. :)

#30 ·
Rinsed the 8 month old burger bits off the Briston and back to a current favourite to see out the day.

Watch Analog watch Silver Gesture Clock

It was cheap, and without hacking I'd need to make notes to test accuracy to the second, but having owned it for over a month its still in the right minute which is pretty decent for £100 auto imo.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.