• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sunday Newbs. Post 1990.

On this day in 2004 i rose at 3AM left my wife and children sleeping in our rented gite and made my way to Omaha beach to be on it at Sunrise , i remember wearing this watch as i used the alarm facility to back up my phone alarm , It was an amazing if somewhat sombre day during which i met and chatted too many veteran's , sadly each year there are fewer and fewer.....We will remember them.

Fila D Day.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Seiko 'Caesar' chrono. Based on the 7T92 movement. There was also a kinetic non chrono version of this watch.

Awesome :notworthy: I need a yellow dial too :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Morning :)

Lot of great watches today :thumbsup:, now i'm about to lower the tone, considerably. :laughing2dw:

Away to do some work in the back garden, and after reading @Always"watching" Kahuna thread, thought I would dig out an old watch that was a trusty work watch back in the day, Got it in the 90s for approx £20/£30 and was a great servant and took a lot of punishment at my work, but kept going, although the original velcro strap is done, hasn't been on the wrist for a long time, but changed the battery and still ticking. Fine for working in the garden on a Sunday. If it & I keep ticking may make the seniors thread in a few years. :laughing2dw:

899470621_KahunaK2.thumb.jpg.55e94f299ec491189c3ff26c536a5422.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Lot of great watches today :thumbsup:, now i'm about to lower the tone, considerably. :laughing2dw:

Away to do some work in the back garden, and after reading @Always"watching" Kahuna thread, thought I would dig out an old watch that was a trusty work watch back in the day, Got it in the 90s for approx £20/£30 and was a great servant and took a lot of punishment at my work, but kept going, although the original velcro strap is done, hasn't been on the wrist for a long time, but changed the battery and still ticking. Fine for working in the garden on a Sunday. If it & I keep ticking may make the seniors thread in a few years. :laughing2dw:

Hmmmm..... reminds me of this:

On 18/05/2021 at 15:28, SolaVeritate said:

Thinking that quartz watches never need a service is just plain wrong. If you have potentially a 40 year battery in a quartz watch of decent quality it will need serviced (probably about every 10 years or so.. has anyone got an Omega quartz?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, midnitemo said:

On this day in 2004 i rose at 3AM left my wife and children sleeping in our rented gite and made my way to Omaha beach to be on it at Sunrise , i remember wearing this watch as i used the alarm facility to back up my phone alarm , It was an amazing if somewhat sombre day during which i met and chatted too many veteran's , sadly each year there are fewer and fewer.....We will remember them.

Fila D Day.JPG

Great story and memories.. and yes least we forget them .. should be every day of our lives ...

36 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

I like those splashes on the dial .. lovely surf watch :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Hmmmm..... reminds me of this:

At the price it cost, don't think i'll be paying for a service, if it was a lot more expensive then i probably would, not sure about every 10 years like, plus tend to use good quality batteries anyway, they don't leak the same as the cheap ones often do, some of those cheap multipacks are often leaking before you've even had time to use them.

• Agree 2