• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tag Heuer wobbly bezel

I have quite an old ladies TAG watch that has had the battery replaced several times previously by The Watch Lab. Today I took it in and was charged £79.95 for a new battery, seal and test which had to be paid up front. When I collected it I was told that it failed the test twice so could not use underwater and this was because of a wobbly bezel. It wasn't wobbly when I took it in and he said it would need to go to the service centre (presumably at additional cost) to resolve the problem. Any thoughts please as to what I can do now and does a wobbly bezel actually affect the sealing of the watch. Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, LynD said:

I have quite an old ladies TAG watch that has had the battery replaced several times previously by The Watch Lab. Today I took it in and was charged £79.95 for a new battery, seal and test which had to be paid up front. When I collected it I was told that it failed the test twice so could not use underwater and this was because of a wobbly bezel. It wasn't wobbly when I took it in and he said it would need to go to the service centre (presumably at additional cost) to resolve the problem. Any thoughts please as to what I can do now and does a wobbly bezel actually affect the sealing of the watch. Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum.

I would advise you to get it checked out by a local watchmaker or reputable jewellers. 
I can't really comment on how the bezel is without seeing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LynD said:

As Roy said it is best to get it checked out, however a bezel is usually mounted outside of the sealed watch so should not affect water resistance if it is loose or "wobbly"

Older watches do tend to get compromised over time, did they say at what meters it failed?

You could try posting a picture, instructions are here

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thank you both for your responses , he didn't say what the reading was when it failed. I thought that the moveable bezel could be taken off without interfering with the seal of the watch. I must apologise to the forum as I now realise this is for people with a real interest/passion for horology rather than to respond to one off questions from a muggle like me.

3 hours ago, LynD said:

4 minutes ago, LynD said:

Thank you both for your responses , he didn't say what the reading was when it failed. I thought that the moveable bezel could be taken off without interfering with the seal of the watch. I must apologise to the forum as I now realise this is for people with a real interest/passion for horology rather than to respond to one off questions from a muggle like me.

You aren't a muggle at all. Hope you sort out your watch.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LynD said:

Couldnt be further from the truth, many knowledgeable people on here but many people like me who know relitively little about them but just like a nice a watch, it is an information forum afterall so you came to the right place, tell us if you get it sorted.

Next time take it straight to LVMH service centre. If the watch has monetary or sentimental value, the money spent on a proper service and warranty will be worth it.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1