• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday 8th WRUW?

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Kids packed away to school, I'll miss footballs being bounced off of the office walls and having little people coming in to use my loo rather than go in the house.

20210608_084024.thumb.jpg.fc20655545d21c1664399ba6605ad2d2.jpg

I'd say that it's Tudor for Tuesday, but the postie might have other ideas.....

That is the nicest looking Tudor I have ever seen. Beautifully crisp and elegant. It also isn't plagued with a stubby truncated hour hand. Very nice indeed. 

Bearing in mind your incoming shipment, if it doesn't get much wrist time I will be happy to help out. 

Ps stop looking out of the bedroom window. The postman is bound to knock. 

2 minutes ago, odyseus10 said:

Mr G “Blue Phoenix” arrived this morning :)

633FB47E-F59C-4370-974B-72B295DAAEC2.jpeg

Does the colour change in different light?

5 minutes ago, chas g said:

That is the nicest looking Tudor I have ever seen. Beautifully crisp and elegant. It also isn't plagued with a stubby truncated hour hand. Very nice indeed. 

Bearing in mind your incoming shipment, if it doesn't get much wrist time I will be happy to help out. 

Ps stop looking out of the bedroom window. I am sure the postman will knock

10 minutes ago, chas g said:

Does the colour change in different light?

Indeed it does:) I love the “Blue Steeled” look. It is a very bold watch with superb build quality - cost a Grand though !

2 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

One of their many contributions to the world of horology, this improbably-coloured hmt Pilot runs on their 17j 1802, based on the Citizen cal. 0231A.

In a steel case and possibly dating from around 1980, although one’s never sure with these things.

Regards.

HMT Pilot 2 v.3.jpg

HMT Pilot HMT 1802.0231 2 v.3.jpg

I've got a few of these oddities. I like them because they're a bit of cheap fun and none of them have stopped working yet. Mrs Lou keeps nicking them, which is fine by me.

51233631738_e0035e60ab_b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bricey said:

Kids packed away to school, I'll miss footballs being bounced off of the office walls and having little people coming in to use my loo rather than go in the house.

20210608_084024.thumb.jpg.fc20655545d21c1664399ba6605ad2d2.jpg

I'd say that it's Tudor for Tuesday, but the postie might have other ideas.....

Lovely Tudor Bricey, but tell us more about these little people who visit? - Are there leprechauns in Cambridgeshire? - And what attracts them to your outside loo? - TWF needs to know  :taunt:

• Haha 2

Just now, PaulBoy said:

Lovely Tudor Bricey, but tell us more about these little people who visit? - Are there leprechauns in Cambridgeshire? - And what attracts them to your outside loo? - TWF needs to know  :taunt:

:laughing2dw: None of these little people will ever get close to a pot of gold! :laughing2dw:

And its not an outside loo, I'm not a barbarian, its a proper loo in my office which is at the end of the garden.

I am thinking of having a moat installed before the school summer holidays, or failing that barbed wire around the perimeter and one of the staff on the roof to act as a sniper.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, chas g said:

Thank you, I am rather fond of it myself, although (at the risk of be boringly repetitive) I do feel whoever at Tudor is responsible for naming it the "Tudor Glamour" needs to be shot.

Postman was empty handed this morning :(, then a courier turned up with a cardboard box about 6 or 7 inches square, good solid heft.....turned out the wife had ordered some baby moisturiser :evil9kf:.

Hermes and a couple of the other couriers only reach the backwaters of the Fens late in the afternoon, so still hoping to break today's anticipation.....

1 hour ago, odyseus10 said:

Indeed it does:) I love the “Blue Steeled” look. It is a very bold watch with superb build quality - cost a Grand though !

Same as my Tudor. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Raymond Spanks said:

This for me today. Modded SNZF J1.

All the parts from DLW Watches, Ceramic Vintage Sub bezel insert, Single Domed Sapphire and a set of Seamaster hands with red tipped second hand on a FKM Tropic strap. Cheers.

SNZF17J1 Modded

A really beautiful Seiko mod, my favourite WRUW watch of the day...thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AndrewMacdonald said:

Wearing my Vario trench watch.

2021-06-08_07-24-02

Thanks for that pal, thanks a chuffing million. If/when I get divorced expect a knock.

No more watches this year, not even a trench watch with small seconds and an enamel dial, not even if it’s 37mm and just the size I wanted. I know I kind of promised but....

I love that, especially in the cream on a mahogany bund, must resist and I didn’t know they existed until today.

I’ll sleep on it!:rip_1:

• Like 2