• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday 8th WRUW?

Today I will be on a building site, doing a lot of pointing - not bricks and mortar, just pointing to where the packaged chillers need to be craned in, but it sounds highly dangerous, hence ...

IMG_20210608_062853487(1).thumb.jpg.60887ce4edb6831664a4a36a06993670.jpg

Elliot Brown Holton Automatic 

Have a great day.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse watch. This dates to 1977 (N7 on caseback) It uses the slightly later 2192 mov't, which only used one tuning fork coil, the other being replaced with a counterweight. It still has the seamlessly sweeping second hand and produces the high pitched hum that gave Accutrons the nickname 'Hummers'. This was serviced by our own 'Silverhawk' of Electric Watches in 2014.

2192 mov't with its single coil. Note that the cell goes in upside down.

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse watch

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Kids packed away to school, I'll miss footballs being bounced off of the office walls and having little people coming in to use my loo rather than go in the house.

20210608_084024.thumb.jpg.fc20655545d21c1664399ba6605ad2d2.jpg

I'd say that it's Tudor for Tuesday, but the postie might have other ideas.....

Edited by Bricey
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

One of their many contributions to the world of horology, this improbably-coloured hmt Pilot runs on their 17j 1802, based on the Citizen cal. 0231A.

In a steel case and possibly dating from around 1980, although one’s never sure with these things.

Regards.

HMT Pilot 2 v.3.jpg

HMT Pilot HMT 1802.0231 2 v.3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

A new one for me today and my second Seiko solar. Planning on some type of rubber strap for this one. My first watch with any kind of magnifier above the date. Not too sure about it. Don't know if it's the case with them all but this one you really have to catch the date square on as opposed to glancing at it from an angle. Apart from that it's all good. 

2021-06-08_09-38-57

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Bow said:

Forest colours today!

image.jpg

What do we think of this strap in the watch, gap between pins and watch possibly a bit too much for a 2 piece strap?

37BDD299-6876-4E6F-80D1-1702EE64C1FB.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bow said:

What do we think of this strap in the watch, gap between pins and watch possibly a bit too much for a 2 piece strap?

37BDD299-6876-4E6F-80D1-1702EE64C1FB.jpeg

The one piece strap definitely fills the gap nicely - Maybe a one piece leather strap? - Nice easy to read dial though, which is important for old geezers like me :thumbsup:

• Agree 2