• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seiko Astron

3 hours ago, MandyJ said:

Is £50 cheap for men’s  Astron Seiko brand new boxed with warranty card. 
Tachymeter dial. Gold & silver stainless steel 

Astron are more like thousands. Sounds like fake to me. I advise you stay away from used and eBay. You're still too new for that I think.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MandyJ said:

Ok thanks 

So, Mandy, you never answered the burning question from the last thread. Are you looking for male or female watches? Or is it less about the gender identification of the watch and more about the size of it?

12 hours ago, JayDeep said:

So, Mandy, you never answered the burning question from the last thread. Are you looking for male or female watches? Or is it less about the gender identification of the watch and more about the size of it?

Sorry lol this all new to me. I don’t mind either I’m looking to buy & sell to make a  bit of money as well as having an interest in watches. I never realised there’s so many manufacturers out there & how many types of watches. I’ve bought a men’s dress to sell but Im keeping it for myself because it looks so nice so I suppose it’s more how it looks rather than gender

30 minutes ago, MandyJ said:

Im keeping it for myself because it looks so nice so I suppose

it’s more how it looks rather than gender

Absolutely this.

30 minutes ago, MandyJ said:

I don’t mind either I’m looking to buy & sell to make a  bit of money as well as having an interest in watches.

Speaking as an accountant, rather than a watch nut, to make money buying and selling you need either:

1) Great contacts (who you know rather than what you know can still trump most things)

2) Great knowledge and experience (knowing what to buy at what price and where to sell at a greater price, or alternatively being able to buy turds and polish them into silk purses, mixing my metaphors, but the point remains)

3) Appropriate resources/funds (being able to finance the acquisitions without incurring costs that eat into potential profits, too many people work hard to pay the banks the profit)

4) Good fortune, even those with great ideas, great contacts, great experience or amazing abilities are still capable of coming unstuck and missing out on their almost assured success. Similarly, mad good luck can take a terrible idea that has been poorly executed to a level of success that was both unforseen and (in others green eyes) undeserved.

In a prefect world, you'd have a healthy dose of all 4 categories in play to have a reasonable shot at a profit making enterprise.

Not wanting to be brutal and certainly not being intentionally mean, but your post and previous posts make me feel you might be staking you investment on point 4 alone.

Good luck.

Edited by Bricey