• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW Wed 9th

Like with any new watch currently trying it on a few different strap options, think it looks pretty good on this perlon strap I had spare. But my intention is to put it on some kind of rubber eventually. Got a normal rubber strap in post on its way but would like to try it on a tropic and maybe one of those iso style straps.

• Like 9

Time for me to go into orbit...

Штурманские Гагарины (2609370124 & 260937016  ), производства Россия, Poljot cal. 2609 17 камней

(Sturmanskie Gagarin [2609370124 & 260937016], MADE IN RUSSIA, Poljot cal. 2609, 17 Jewels)

Gagarin-Sturmanskie-Black-dial-DSC_0022_zpslvxto4r4.thumb.gif.758b1c2a9a8a2a298cab225fa2a002bf.gif

Gagarin-Sturmanskie-cream-dial-DSC_0021_zpsaiyua1xd.thumb.gif.20d18d84362c7c6c6345684b3ac188d8.gif

2316a.gif.2a4cbddb49607f3f94cbf75bd0502307.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Further to my complaint that seiko quality has gone down hill ie the bezel markings don't line up properly, I took the attached photo and it all looks fine. I can't work out why it doesn't look right in the flesh. Must be my eyes?

20210609_153210~2.jpg

4 minutes ago, chas g said:

Further to my complaint that seiko quality has gone down hill ie the bezel markings don't line up properly, I took the attached photo and it all looks fine. I can't work out why it doesn't look right in the flesh. Must be my eyes?

20210609_153210~2.jpg

If I close one eye everything looks ok perfectly lined up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest in, but didn't get good pics of it yet. Got a horrendous gout flareup going on and cannot think past the pain very clearly. So all else has been pushed to the back burner for now. Really unhappy with the lug gaps on this one. May not be staying in the collection for very long because of it. I think it's just a visual issue created by the rounding of the case on the underside of the watch. It pulls away, unlike your typical sport watch which is just a big block of metal with vertical lines everywhere. It's elegant and the 3d-like moon is to die for!!! I just gotta find the right strap, which I'm not sure exists because those gaps are huge! It's like a Tudor in the fit. Maybe a one piece leather?

IMG_20210608_104327.jpg

IMG_20210608_104318.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Latest in, but didn't get good pics of it yet. Got a horrendous gout flareup going on and cannot think past the pain very clearly. So all else has been pushed to the back burner for now. Really unhappy with the lug gaps on this one. May not be staying in the collection for very long because of it. I think it's just a visual issue created by the rounding of the case on the underside of the watch. It pulls away, unlike your typical sport watch which is just a big block of metal with vertical lines everywhere. It's elegant and the 3d-like moon is to die for!!! I just gotta find the right strap, which I'm not sure exists because those gaps are huge! It's like a Tudor in the fit. Maybe a one piece leather?

IMG_20210608_104327.jpg

IMG_20210608_104318.jpg

Bund! :laugh:

Seriously Jay, you have to find a way for this one, it’s far too nice to give up on!

Gout is the absolute work of the devil by the way, feel your pain brother.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bow said:

Bund! :laugh:

Seriously Jay, you have to find a way for this one, it’s far too nice to give up on!

Gout is the absolute work of the devil by the way, feel your pain brother.

Agreed on the last two. You should be drawn and quartered for the first one tho!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayDeep said:

IMG_20210608_104327.jpg

IMG_20210608_104318.jpg

Got to be worth try a one piece to lose that inch of visible flesh through the gaps, not normally a fan of a one piece, but it might work for that because it's a watch worthy of trying to find a solution for.

• Like 1

Thickest strap attachment point I have and still a huge lug gap at certain angles. This tapered case really bothers me in that regard but I've placed an order for a strap to fit better so fingers crossed. I just cannot bring myself to go one piece. Whatcha think, better fit? Decent? Good enough?

IMG_20210609_113413.jpg

IMG_20210609_113427.jpg

IMG_20210609_113435.jpg

IMG_20210609_113438.jpg

IMG_20210609_113448.jpg

IMG_20210609_113451.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Thickest strap attachment point I have and still a huge lug gap at certain angles. This tapered case really bothers me in that regard but I've placed an order for a strap to fit better so fingers crossed. I just cannot bring myself to go one piece. Whatcha think, better fit? Decent? Good enough?

IMG_20210609_113413.jpg

IMG_20210609_113427.jpg

IMG_20210609_113435.jpg

IMG_20210609_113438.jpg

IMG_20210609_113448.jpg

IMG_20210609_113451.jpg

Personally I would go for a one piece strap. 

1 minute ago, chas g said:

Personally I would go for a one piece strap. 

I just can't. They're all so ugly to me. I had one a long time ago, it was fantastic, but I can't find anything even close to it. I require white stitching on my straps. Contrast is mandatory, and every one piece I can find is just plain old boring leather with no stitching.

7 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

I just can't. They're all so ugly to me. I had one a long time ago, it was fantastic, but I can't find anything even close to it. I require white stitching on my straps. Contrast is mandatory, and every one piece I can find is just plain old boring leather with no stitching.

Have you looked at the photos Avo and Yokel posted of their meistersinger watches. I know they are different models metris and 02 but both look ok to me.

4 minutes ago, chas g said:

Have you looked at the photos Avo and Yokel posted of their meistersinger watches. I know they are different models metris and 02 but both look ok to me.

Yeah the lugs are very different on Avos, not sure about Yokels.

3 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Yeah the lugs are very different on Avos, not sure about Yokels.

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Meistersinger/Perigraph/BM1007/45582/item/159438?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzYGGBhCTARIsAHdMTQyudfaoi6_XvBS1ks-VjiixWYuAhWYkKY_FPw78wx_WmAVMW9OfVD0aAnxDEALw_wcB

I had an 01 with short lugs. The lugs on this paragraph are huge. You might have to get someone to make you a strap 

7 minutes ago, chas g said:

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Meistersinger/Perigraph/BM1007/45582/item/159438?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzYGGBhCTARIsAHdMTQyudfaoi6_XvBS1ks-VjiixWYuAhWYkKY_FPw78wx_WmAVMW9OfVD0aAnxDEALw_wcB

I had an 01 with short lugs. The lugs on this paragraph are huge. You might have to get someone to make you a strap 

If you scroll through the photos on the link, the penultimate one showing the back of the case really shows how big the lugs are on some meistersingers

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, chas g said:

If you scroll through the photos on the link, the penultimate one showing the back of the case really shows how big the lugs are on some meistersingers

Already on it! 4mm extra leather after the springbar hole. I measured it out so really hopeful that will work. I currently have 4 of this guy's straps all awesome pieces of work! And he's super reasonable being from Ukraine, unlike all the other strap makers online. And unlike most stuff that comes from Ukraine they don't smell like cigarette smoke. Lol

10 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

51236780624_a774731c81_c.jpg

I really do consider these affordable Doxas! They're grail worthy pieces in my eyes, and completely attainable at almost any budget! I like your collection and style Jim!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1