• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Strap storage

So since getting into watches I have accumulated quite a few straps, bracelets and the odd tool along the way. At the moment the straps are just getting thrown into this tin I had spare but they are outgrowing the tin rapidly! All my watches are put away neatly in watch boxes, the boxes they came with are stored out of the way in the loft which just leaves a spaghetti junction of straps in a tin which is not ideal. A bigger box may be a start but was wondering if they are any tidy ideas you lot may have come up with for storing natos and bracelets and any other bits of odds and ends?

2021-06-09_12-54-33

image.jpg

image.jpgThis is my starter kit, the self sealing bags for disposal of the COVID home test kits are great for keeping straps clean and tidy too. 

image.jpg

Edited by Bow
  • Like 2

Both good suggestions, the tool box type could just be shoved somewhere when not in use while the wooden draws would be a more permanent fixture somewhere. Definitely need something though as my straps are multiplying at the moment!

1 hour ago, SolaVeritate said:

Buy watches without straps locally on eBay etc, match them up with nice photos, sell as "sold as seen" back onto ebay.

Not sure what you mean here.

I've got two watch rolls from Dan Henry watches I purchased that I use for my straps. The watches weren't great and have long since been moved on but the rolls are awesome for strap keeping. Can hold like 40 straps each!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roxyben said:

So since getting into watches I have accumulated quite a few straps, bracelets and the odd tool along the way. At the moment the straps are just getting thrown into this tin I had spare but they are outgrowing the tin rapidly! All my watches are put away neatly in watch boxes, the boxes they came with are stored out of the way in the loft which just leaves a spaghetti junction of straps in a tin which is not ideal. A bigger box may be a start but was wondering if they are any tidy ideas you lot may have come up with for storing natos and bracelets and any other bits of odds and ends?

2021-06-09_12-54-33

I use a bread bin with a lid, but I do keep several straps in those cellophane sleeves they come with, and use ziplock bags to pair many of my two-piece straps, but inevitably when I am looking for a strap, I tip the lot out on the bed!

I keep spring bars and tools and my bench knife in a little tin with spare buckles.

• Like 1

Always interested to hear how everyone stores their additional straps.

About 50% of my watches are on their original straps, if I change a strap the original one is stored back in its box. I use a travel wash bag to store my straps and each strap is put in a plastic bag. Bought a load of them from Cousins.

Strap Bag & StrapsStrap Bag & Straps

Cheers

2 hours ago, chulyquang said:

181862377_3088046361481780_5993099609759

179697248_3088046378148445_6064706662877

Well posh that one!

1 hour ago, Raymond Spanks said:

About 50% of my watches are on their original straps, if I change a strap the original one is stored back in its box. I use a travel wash bag to store my straps and each strap is put in a plastic bag. Bought a load of them from Cousins.

Cheers

Yes most of mine are on the original straps also. Like @Jet Jetskiand me you also tip onto the bed! Although yours have fell out rather neatly! The wash bag is a good idea though. 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 10:13, Raymond Spanks said:

Cheers

This is exactly how I store my watch straps! The tools to change and adjust straps are just loose in my bag. But the straps/links and spring bars are in zip lock bags.