• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday 10th June already ! WRUW

Sulie

25 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Morning all, bit more time for one of the new boys

16233066143472621668836061694207.thumb.jpg.df244c237897c4d3c97d6bc5d81d59dd.jpg

After our chat yesterday, I have picked up one of these! - I had been tempted by one in the Class Ads & with a nudge from yourself splashed the cash! - Much obliged & look forward to receiving my green version from the sneaky londoner some time soon :clap:

Swapped the 'nox chrono onto my "looks like it was made for it^ sailcloth for today :thumbsup:

victorinox chrono sailcloth

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, AndrewMacdonald said:

Vario trench watch.

2021-06-10_08-05-33

You’re an absolute torment with this! :laugh:

What do you think of the watch pal?  Is it nice enough to permanently fill the trench watch style hole in my box do you think? 

I might have a Father’s Day related plan up my sleeve but it may involve joining Facebook and advertising for any little Bows from a misspent youth to come forward and make good on all those missed years so I need to be sure!

56 minutes ago, Bow said:

You’re an absolute torment with this! :laugh:

What do you think of the watch pal?  Is it nice enough to permanently fill the trench watch style hole in my box do you think? 

I might have a Father’s Day related plan up my sleeve but it may involve joining Facebook and advertising for any little Bows from a misspent youth to come forward and make good on all those missed years so I need to be sure!

I love it. I have a smaller wrist so the size both diameter and lug to lug is perfect. It has actual wire lugs which is very nice. It's very comfortable on wrist, especially when it's on a nato or elastic strap as it weighs very little. Definitely be worn as one of my summer watches.

The dial looks even better in person than in my pictures as it is hard to capture on camera to a degree (possibly due to my poor photography skills). Lume is very good and lasts all night.

Timekeeping wise mine on the timegrapher was in and around +6s.

As an overall package I think it's a perfect interpretation of a trench watch just with more robust construction materials than a vintage one, which is what I was going to get before I saw this.

• Thanks 1

Morning,

It’s not an attractive watch, so maybe it was the squared-off numerals of this Pinnacle which had caught my eye.  Who knows, who cares?

It probably came from Pinnacle Watch Co, distributors based in Hatton Garden who registered the eponymous brand name in 1931 and who used movements from various makers, including Record Watch Co.

Mikrolisk attributes the Pinnacle name to both companies but sadly today’s effort lacks any Record credentials and runs on a 17j AS/ST 1950/51.

Regards.

Pinnacle 2 v.3.jpg

Pinnacle AS ST 1950 51 v.3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, AndrewMacdonald said:

I love it. I have a smaller wrist so the size both diameter and lug to lug is perfect. It has actual wire lugs which is very nice. It's very comfortable on wrist, especially when it's on a nato or elastic strap as it weighs very little. Definitely be worn as one of my summer watches.

The dial looks even better in person than in my pictures as it is hard to capture on camera to a degree (possibly due to my poor photography skills). Lume is very good and lasts all night.

Timekeeping wise mine on the timegrapher was in and around +6s.

As an overall package I think it's a perfect interpretation of a trench watch just with more robust construction materials than a vintage one, which is what I was going to get before I saw this.

Oh no!:laugh:

Thanks for the in depth reply pal, time to start plotting I think!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, martinzx said:

This vintage Luch 'SuperSlim' today, 23 Jewel manual wind.
I sold this watch but regretted it and managed to eventually buy it back :thumbsup:

sony-camera2.jpg

Something completely different. Very nice indeed

2 hours ago, relaxer7 said:

B9B90FA6-1ED5-4F1E-8347-2709BFAEE45C.jpeg

She might let you wear the explorer later....if you have been good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1