• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

2 in today... Jack Mason and Seiko

Well, I wasn't really expecting much out of either, as both were to fill my travel watches case, but I must admit that the Seiko mod is truly perfection!

The Jack Mason is pretty much cheap junk. Bracelet is hollow link and sounds like tin foil trash around your wrist. It's a hair puller too, as most cheap garbage bracelets are. I hate the polished center links on it also, but it's fine for a grab and go with everything I wear travel watch.

IMG_20210609_151653.thumb.jpg.9d3924773edf53bf100ddf5dd1fa91b2.jpgIMG_20210609_151634.thumb.jpg.55cda331be86923cea23b021514211a6.jpgIMG_20210609_151613.thumb.jpg.a447e6d0e6f5257f67f4c2c377a5b05c.jpg

Sorry, I know how some of you feel about homages @kevkojak and @yokel

IMG_20210609_171200.jpg

This thing is your typical Submariner homage with a marine master dial. I hate supporting this market because it's the same factory all the fakes are produced from I'm sure, but I want what I want so I guess my integrity stops there. Lol It's no different than buying a Parnis or Pagani Design though. So... Meh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayDeep said:

Well, I wasn't really expecting much out of either, as both were to fill my travel watches case, but I must admit that the Seiko mod is truly perfection!

The Jack Mason is pretty much cheap junk. Bracelet is hollow link and sounds like tin foil trash around your wrist. It's a hair puller too, as most cheap garbage bracelets are. I hate the polished center links on it also, but it's fine for a grab and go with everything I wear travel watch.

IMG_20210609_151653.thumb.jpg.9d3924773edf53bf100ddf5dd1fa91b2.jpgIMG_20210609_151634.thumb.jpg.55cda331be86923cea23b021514211a6.jpgIMG_20210609_151613.thumb.jpg.a447e6d0e6f5257f67f4c2c377a5b05c.jpg

Sorry, I know how some of you feel about homages @kevkojak and @yokel

IMG_20210609_171200.jpg

This thing is your typical Submariner homage with a marine master dial. I hate supporting this market because it's the same factory all the fakes are produced from I'm sure, but I want what I want so I guess my integrity stops there. Lol It's no different than buying a Parnis or Pagani Design though. So... Meh.

The Jack Mason actually looks ok. Is it mechanical or quartz?

I think I've saw you saying somewhere you prefer metal bracelets for travel (I would have suggested getting  a feel for it on a leather strap). 

You seem to have the same trouble as I do about straps/bracelets and finding the right one for a watch is just as important as the watch itself. It can make all the difference between a watch that gets picked to be worn and a case dweller. 

It seems these days I'm looking for the right bracelet just as much as the right watch and sometimes this can't be seen from the photos it needs to be felt. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SolaVeritate said:

The Jack Mason actually looks ok. Is it mechanical or quartz?

I think I've saw you saying somewhere you prefer metal bracelets for travel (I would have suggested getting  a feel for it on a leather strap). 

You seem to have the same trouble as I do about straps/bracelets and finding the right one for a watch is just as important as the watch itself. It can make all the difference between a watch that gets picked to be worn and a case dweller. 

It seems these days I'm looking for the right bracelet just as much as the right watch and sometimes this can't be seen from the photos it needs to be felt. 

Yes a strap/bracelet can make or break a watch. They are equal halves in a very particular relationship.

• Agree 1