• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Orient Mako - Green Dial & Bezel - What Strap Would You Recommend?

I picked this Mako up from @Craftycockney yesterday - Whilst it looks great on the stock bracelet, I'd like to have a few alternative straps to wear - Not a colour I have had before, but really taken with the green dial & bezel - What straps would you suggest for this? - I'd like at least one leather & one Nato / Para style? - I did think of a green leather strap, but most I have seen are too light a green (this Mako has a very dark green dial & bezel (I actually asked CC if he'd posted the correct pictures, but when I watched a review on YT I realised how dark the green was!) - Maybe brown leather might work better here than black?
Thoughts anyone?

16232623764083487822593800604336.jpg.ccb

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies & suggestions gents (keep them coming!) - As below, I have had a play with the 22mm straps I have:  brown leather / maroon two piece Nato / black with white pinstripe Para
I have also ordered a Forest green Perlon strap from @Jamie - Lunar Watch Straps which is the darkest green strap I can find & will post some pics when it arrives ...

orient selection

• Like 3

Bit of an update for anyone considering an Orient (Mako variants in particular) - When @Bricey did the mini review on his a week or so ago, I asked him about the quality of the bracelet - This was after reading several reviews which all seemed to say that the stock bracelet let the rest of the watch down? - Bricey was of the opinion that that the bracelet itself was decent enough, but the clasp was poor - Someone else here was asking about changing the clasp on their bracelet for a better quality one (Strapcode IIRC?) & @Roy mentioned that there were plenty of replacement clasps available on eBay - The thing I really didn't like about the clasp on my Orient bracelet was that the logo was stamped into the clasp so heavily that the clasp looked bent? - After doing a bit of research on eBay, I found what looked like a half decent replacement clasp which I paid about £11 for (eBay seller abithom_12) - I wasn't expecting night & day difference to the Orient one, but am really pleased to say that this £11 one is much better than the Orient one & when on the bracelet looks like it was made for it! - The only "negative" I could find is that the replacement clasp is a bit smaller than the Orient one - It still has 3x micro adjustment holes, so I was able to swap them over without having to put a link back into the bracelet - I have taken some pictures which I hope will help? - Finally, please be aware if you do decide to change your clasp on this Orient bracelet, despite the Orient & bracelet having 22mm lug size, you need a 20mm clasp (I ordered a 22mm in error & the seller was happy for me to send it back for exchange for the correct size)
Cheers ... Paul

orient bracelet sheet

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Excellent work, does it sound better as well as looking better?

Not sure what "sound better" means? - It's more solid feeling & less tinny, if that's what you mean?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulBoy said:

Not sure what "sound better" means? - It's more solid feeling & less tinny, if that's what you mean?

Yeah, the one I have is a decent bracelet but sounds a bit tinny and clicky when rattled about, which seems to be the clasp.

Just now, Bricey said:

Yeah, the one I have is a decent bracelet but sounds a bit tinny and clicky when rattled about, which seems to be the clasp.

Definitely none of that going on when I rattle mine about (ooh err missus!)

• Haha 1