• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Ranks & Achievements

5 minutes ago, Igerswis said:

Tapatalk isn’t working anymore. Could be due to the update?

I've not upgraded the Tapatalk software for years. Don't know if they support this software anymore.
Didn't think anyone used it anymore as the mobile browser version of the forum is brilliant.

I'll have a look for you and see if it's still available.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AVO said:

Brilliant, @Roy. The forum has become much more fun to use and navigate recently. Great work, and thank you.

Thank you Steve :thumbsup:

The mods deserve a great deal of praise too. They are always helping to make this place better for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Due to us recounting all the points all the badges and achievements, that you would have received over the years, will be added the first time you login after yesterdays update.
These will be shown as received before June 2021.

It will settle down after these have all been issued.

• Thanks 1

On 10/06/2021 at 16:18, Igerswis said:

Tapatalk isn’t working anymore. Could be due to the update?

I use tapatalk for my football forum and compared to the web thingummy on this forum it is shocking. I’ve had to remove it from my 2 working phones because it eats the battery too.

I would definitely recommend giving the web view a go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bow said:

I use tapatalk for my football forum and compared to the web thingummy on this forum it is shocking. I’ve had to remove it from my 2 working phones because it eats the battery too.

I would definitely recommend giving the web view a go.

I use Tapatalk for other forums, both watches and cars so it’s more convenient for browsing. It also makes it easier to upload images as you can do it in the same post without using a third party image hosting service. 

Having used the mobile version of the site, it is good but it’s a pain when you want to browse several forums one by one. It also doesn’t allow me to post images as easily as Tapatalk. 

Roy, other forums are still compatible with Tapatalk. Please see what you can do to make this compatible with it. 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 00:31, Igerswis said:

Roy, other forums are still compatible with Tapatalk. Please see what you can do to make this compatible with it. 

Our software here has been updated, other forums have probably have not. Also other forums may only use the free inferior forum software which do not have the features that we do.

Tapatalk has not updated their software so there is nothing I can do, sorry.

I’ve noticed that I am starting to get notifications now when someone reacts to a post I made. This seems to be fairly new, and I wondered if it was part of the recent revamp/upgrade? If so, is it possible to control them? I find it useful to have a notification when someone mentions me or quotes me, but I’m not sure I’m that keen on it for straightforward likes and reactions.

Edit: no problem – I went into my profile and found out how to switch the reaction notifications off.

Edited by AVO

22 minutes ago, AVO said:

I’ve noticed that I am starting to get notifications now when someone reacts to a post I made. This seems to be fairly new, and I wondered if it was part of the recent revamp/upgrade? If so, is it possible to control them? I find it useful to have a notification when someone mentions me or quotes me, but I’m not sure I’m that keen on it for straightforward likes and reactions.

Edit: no problem – I went into my profile and found out how to switch the reaction notifications off.

With the update all notifications were reset to default. 

• Thanks 1