UK Watch Forum banner

Does this watch look too big for my wrist?

Tags
divers swiss
6K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  yokel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I really like this rolex sub but im afraid that it is too big for me, I personally think it fits but what do other people think? can I pull it off or do I need to pick another watch? I attached a link to this post, any advice would be appreciated.

A9EGVYX_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

See less See more
#3 ·
In my humble, it is too large.

If you like divers then look for smaller watches, often vintage is easier here.

If you like Rolex, then either explorer or datejust at 36mm would look great. A potential bargain is a 35mm Yacht-Master, a smaller Rolex divers watch.

#14 ·
It looks like the end links overhang your wrist, so it might not sit nicely, but only you can feel if it will be comfortable.

As far as whether it looks too big, that's far too subjective, my daughter loves wearing my 36mm Datejust, I think it is definitely too big for her, but she loves it so it must be OK :thumbsup:

#15 ·
Maybe something smaller

featured-women-cover-scaled.jpg

#17 ·
I thing it look massive to be honest!

I too have girly wrists and a few larger watches but they seem to set well...

This is my Oris Aquis DAte, worn yesterday with short sleeves, its 42mm and a bit of a lump (short lugs admitteldy), i also have a Tutor black bay heritag that is supposedly "slab sided" but doesn't wear big either (IMHO).

I think you need to get the bracelet sized before you can form an opinion.

51234651504_5f676251e6_o_d.jpg

#21 ·
IMHO it's too big - The watch is wider than your wrist & I don't think it would look right even if the bracelet was adjusted correctly - Again IMHO a watch looks best if there is some wrist visible above the case of the watch - My wrist is 7.5" and I find anything more than a 42mm case looks too big ON ME - I emphasize "on me" as there are plenty of people who like to wear larger watches in comparison to their wrist size - Below is a picture of one of my watches @ 42mm - Hope that helps ...

estoril mesh wrist

Reactions: JayDeep
#22 ·
Is it just me, or does your preferred size of watch seem to slowly decrease the older you get?

I used to like a watch that filled my wrist, now some that I have that I used to think were a little on the small side for my taste are at the upper end of my preference.

Which seems counter productive as my eyes are only going in the direction of needing bigger watches.

In my 20's I'd have been delighted with a watch to wrist ratio like the OP, in my 30's I'd have been happy if it was a watch I really loved but probably found myself looking at it thinking "is it too big though???".

Now, mid 40's even for as stunning a watch as the OP I just wouldn't be comfortable with that size disparity at all.

Reactions: Duncan U.
#25 ·
I really like {good start} this rolex sub {nobody is perfect} but im afraid that it is too big for me, I personally think it fits {job done} but what do other people think {who cares} ? can I pull it off {no sniggering at the back!} or do I need to pick another watch? {anything non rolex - but thats just me} I attached a link to this post, any advice would be appreciated.{extend the index and middle fingers of your hand of choice and move said hand in an sharp upward motion to the rest of the world}

#26 ·
Probably look a lot better with the bracelet properly sized. I have a couple of larger watches and I don't have the biggest wrists and I do just fine. But I'm not too concerned what other people think. But the fact that you are asking tells me that you are concerned about it. I say go for it, but if you feel uncomfortable don't bother as it will only bug you further down the line.

#33 ·
On the size debate Ive said on here before its up the person, there is no right or worng size. A watch buyer might be looking for a specific oversize look, or an undersize vintage classic etc.

Looking at this on your arm though makes me think there is a caveat. On such a classic as the Rolex sub it has to look classic sub in fit aswell or you risk wasting your money. Its so oversize for you it could look fake, youll be looked at as a non knowledge watch spoon who simply has bought a Rolex sub because thats what every non watch person that wants to look bling will aim for. As others have suggested a smaller Rolex I think would be a better option for you long term. But as always its your money. If you want a Rolex clock, then go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.