• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Does this watch look too big for my wrist?

Probably look a lot better with the bracelet properly sized. I have a couple of larger watches and I don't have the biggest wrists and I do just fine. But I'm not too concerned what other people think. But the fact that you are asking tells me that you are concerned about it. I say go for it, but if you feel uncomfortable don't bother as it will only bug you further down the line. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roxyben said:

But the fact that you are asking tells me that you are concerned about it. I say go for it, but if you feel uncomfortable don't bother as it will only bug you further down the line. 

Yes you`re right, especially if ones going to be spend good money, not particularly watches but many a time i`ve bought something and then later had misgivings.

For everyone saying it doesn’t matter what others think and wear what you want….I put this point across to you:

Would you wear a suit that’s two sizes too large or small? A shirt that’s too baggy round the middle or skin tight? Image matters in this shallow society of ours. There’s a grey area and then there’s being outright ridiculous (take those huge Diesel watches for example!)  

Of course these are extremes and the OP’s watch in question could look okay with the bracelet adjusted. I think photos from other angles would be more helpful; perhaps a shot taken in a mirror would give a better perspective also. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, sabailand said:

Yes you`re right, especially if ones going to be spend good money, not particularly watches but many a time i`ve bought something and then later had misgivings.

I can think of 8 things Mrs B has bought home with her which have later caused me misgivings. 

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

It matters what I think, and I think it looks too big - There, I said it! :laughing2dw:

Surprised that this didn't end the thread, if @Davey P thinks something is too big, chances are it's too damn big!

• Haha 2

On the size debate Ive said on here before its up the person, there is no right or worng size. A watch buyer might be looking for a specific oversize look, or an undersize vintage classic etc. 

Looking at this on your arm though makes me think there is a caveat. On such a classic as the Rolex sub it has to look classic sub in fit aswell or you risk wasting your money. Its so oversize for you it could look fake, youll be looked at as a non knowledge watch spoon who simply has bought a Rolex sub because thats what every non watch person that wants to look bling will aim for. As others have suggested a smaller Rolex I think would be a better option for you long term. But as always its your money. If you want a Rolex clock, then go for it.