• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Does this watch look too big for my wrist?

In my humble, it is too large.

If you like divers then look for smaller watches, often vintage is easier here.

If you like Rolex, then either explorer or datejust at 36mm would look great.  A potential bargain is a 35mm Yacht-Master, a smaller Rolex divers watch.

• Agree 1

Yes but who cares? I wear watches too big for my wrists all the time! I only care how much I like the watch.

However, that said, if you do care, I say look for something 38mm maximum size for you. Maybe a Speedmaster reduced would suit you? Rolex definitely does 38mm and under watches for men. I think Datejust has some.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gogrizz said:

I really like this rolex sub but im afraid that it is too big for me, I personally think it fits but what do other people think? can I pull it off or do I need to pick another watch? I attached a link to this post, any advice would be appreciated.

https://imgur.com/gallery/gtz1fTT

A9EGVYX_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Looks OK to me, it would look better once the bracelet is adjusted correctly

• Agree 1

It looks like the end links overhang your wrist, so it might not sit nicely, but only you can feel if it will be comfortable.

As far as whether it looks too big, that's far too subjective, my daughter loves wearing my 36mm Datejust, I think it is definitely too big for her, but she loves it so it must be OK :thumbsup:

It looks a bit big there but wrist shots distort the actual look you have in person.

The lugs only kust appear to overhang your wrist so it could be ok... What is the side profile like?

Look at it in a mirror and decide from that.

Edited by Kamakazie!
  • Agree 1

I thing it look massive to be honest!

I too have girly wrists and a few larger watches but they seem to set well...

This is my Oris Aquis DAte, worn yesterday with short sleeves, its 42mm and a bit of a lump (short lugs admitteldy), i also have a Tutor black bay heritag that is supposedly "slab sided" but doesn't wear big either (IMHO).

I think you need to get the bracelet sized before you can form an opinion.

51234651504_5f676251e6_o_d.jpg

• Like 2

I have a feeling that, since you are asking the question, you are unsure in your own mind. I also have a feeling that you wanted everyone to say No, It Looks Fine.

Well, you did ask for opinions so...too big.

• Like 2

IMHO it's too big - The watch is wider than your wrist & I don't think it would look right even if the bracelet was adjusted correctly - Again IMHO a watch looks best if there is some wrist visible above the case of the watch - My wrist is 7.5" and I find anything more than a 42mm case looks too big ON ME - I emphasize "on me" as there are plenty of people who like to wear larger watches in comparison to their wrist size - Below is a picture of one of my watches @ 42mm - Hope that helps ...

estoril mesh wrist

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does your preferred size of watch seem to slowly decrease the older you get?

I used to like a watch that filled my wrist, now some that I have that I used to think were a little on the small side for my taste are at the upper end of my preference. 

Which seems counter productive as my eyes are only going in the direction of needing bigger watches.

In my 20's I'd have been delighted with a watch to wrist ratio like the OP, in my 30's I'd have been happy if it was a watch I really loved but probably found myself looking at it thinking "is it too big though???".

Now, mid 40's even for as stunning a watch as the OP I just wouldn't be comfortable with that size disparity at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bricey said:

Is it just me, or does your preferred size of watch seem to slowly decrease the older you get?

As I got older, my watches got bigger but that was mainly because watches generally got bigger. About to hit the mid 70's and no desire to wear smaller watches - 39mm seems too small.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, gogrizz said:

I really like  {good start} this rolex sub {nobody is perfect} but im afraid that it is too big for me, I personally think it fits {job done} but what do other people think {who cares} ? can I pull it off {no sniggering at the back!} or do I need to pick another watch? {anything non rolex - but thats just me} I attached a link to this post, any advice would be appreciated.{extend the index and middle fingers of your hand of choice and move said hand in an sharp upward motion to the rest of the world}

• Haha 3
  • Agree 2