• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What grease for Automatic Drums

Paul-H

Question

Hi all

Looking at the Mobius range of lubricants, which is the correct one for the mainspring drum in an automatic watch, I assume its either 8212 or 8213, if my assumption is correct which one ?

Anyone got a non Mobius recommendation.

Thanks for helping a beginner out here.

Paul

3 answers to this question

Thanks.

Will try and have a look.

Talking of watchrepairtalk, anyone know what's going on with the forum admin, I signed up weeks ago but my membership is still pending, I did email admin but got no reply, I also note that Mark has stopped posting his Videos on YouTube, seemed to happen after his move to Thailand, I wonder if something has happened to Mark.

Anyone know anything.

Thanks.

Paul

• Like 1

He was updating a server last I heard, I will see if I can find the Email.

Here you go.

Watch Repair Lessons <keepingyouinformed@watchrepairlessons.com>
To:??????????????

Mon, 26 Apr at 12:04

Hi ????????????????????

I hope you are well. I am just writing to let you know that the website update has been complete and the site is back online. 

All went mostly to plan, however there is a small problem affecting a portion of users. The issue is not reporting correctly the enrolment of the course to the front end. All data is intact, including progress and assessment data, however - something is lost in translation.

I have fixed this manually for the few who have reported it and I have gone through many accounts manually and seen the problem is not affecting everybody. At the moment I can't see a pattern but it's a very easy fix, so if you login and click on your enrolled courses and it shows you ar enot enrolled - fire me off a message and I will sort it for you. In the meantime I am trying to track down the root cause of the issue and will attempt to patch the problem.

So in short, if you see a problem with your course access then please message me and I will fix it as quickly as possible for you. 

Yours kindly.

Mark Lovick

• Like 1