• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Update: Bauche Stargazer Triple Calendar Concept v2

Stories Through Time: Celebrating humanity's collective fascination with the stars through the ages

Back in November 2020, i first launched the first rendition of my inaugural collection of my new Microbrand startup. Previous post can be found below:

Since then, I have worked with my designer and made a couple of revisions to the original Stargazer design. 

• Design tweaks to the hands to enhance the brand identity and legibility
  • Exploring the possibility of a honey gold colour on a G5 titanium case popularised by haute horology brands

Through the combination of two very different facets of traditional and modern watch-making, I present to you an even more visually compelling collection that enhances the space-like aesthetic housed in a modern customised CNC case design, constructed using high-quality Grade 5 Titanium, offering strength and lightness.

Which one of our Stargazer collection catches your eye the most?

Follow our development journey at www.bauche.watch

Launch Date: Q3 2021

May be an image of wrist watch and text that says "BAUCHE STARGAZER LUNA LIBRAE JUPITER UMBRA NEPTU NE"

May be an image of wrist watch and text that says "1 WEL STARGAZER JUPITER S DIAL BLACK AVENTURINEGLASS CENTER DIAL TIGER-EYE CASE HONEY-GOLD G5 TITANIUM"

May be an image of wrist watch and text that says "STARGAZER LIBRAE 12 DIAL BLACK AVENTURINE TURINE GLASS CENTER DIAL MALACHITE CASE RAW G5TITANIUM"

May be an image of wrist watch and text that says "STARGAZER NEPTUNE DIAL BLUE AVENTURINEGLASS CENTER DIAL LAPIS LAZULI CASE CASE BLUE G5TITANIUM G5"

May be an image of wrist watch and text that says "STARGAZER UMBRA DIAL ORANGE FUMÉ CENTERDIAL BLACK ANODISED METERORITE CASE RAW G5TITANIUM"

May be an image of wrist watch and text that says "STARGAZER LUNA DIAL DIAL BLACK AVENTURINEGLASS GLASS URINEGI CENTER DIAL RAW METEORITE CASE GUN-METAL G5 TITANIUM"

Even with my glasses on I cannot see what the two sub dials say. The images are already blown up in size so I doubt anyone will be able to read them without a magnifying glass. 

The italic font is used on the date too, this is so hard to read even with good eyesight.

Is it just me?

Prefer the original design.

It's a custom font that we created! You can say it is based on an inspiration drawn from the breguet numerals and infused with a modern touch to it.

The renders aren't the highest quality, but we're certain that it will come out clear and legible once the prototypes are out!

We liked the previous design, but unfortunately, the circle hands created a polarisation of two groups, one which liked it, and the other which found it either not as legible or constant comparisons with a certain popular Russian brand and another Microbrand.

Perhaps once the protos are out, it'll change your mind! :)

3 hours ago, HaoNanRen said:

It's a custom font that we created! You can say it is based on an inspiration drawn from the breguet numerals and infused with a modern touch to it.

The renders aren't the highest quality, but we're certain that it will come out clear and legible once the prototypes are out!

We liked the previous design, but unfortunately, the circle hands created a polarisation of two groups, one which liked it, and the other which found it either not as legible or constant comparisons with a certain popular Russian brand and another Microbrand.

Perhaps once the protos are out, it'll change your mind! :)

It doesn’t matter how much you big up the font. It doesn’t work on a watch sub-dial this small. 

Of course some people liked the older design and some didn’t. This will happen with every single design you come out with.  As far as I can tell you have actually not made any watches. Just pictures. Therefore you are not even a microbrand yet, unless I’m missing something?
Why not actually make some watches, have some conviction in what you are doing.
You will never make a watch that everyone is going to like. 

I didn’t say I liked the old design, I said I preferred it to this one. I still wouldn’t have bought it. 

In six months you’ll come back with another totally different design so for these reasons ……………

image.gif

No problem if this design doesn't speak to you. I agree no design will certainly please everyone!

This is my very first collection and there are alot of things to learn. You're right, i'm not a microbrand yet until i actually launch something.

The production of the prototypes are already underway and more pre-marketing will be done then.

In 6 months time, i hope to be in the position to launch a second model!