• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Oh dear

Friend has bought a green Casio gshock watch and I tried it on earlier.

https://g-shock.co.uk/ga-2110su-3aer?gclid=CjwKCAjw_JuGBhBkEiwA1xmbRfxS8V9pjCN1vUsHOpw7xAs80bE8r0Yu-AupTUpCICyDeRc2NhHuWhoC8jAQAvD_BwE

I must say that I really like it. There is something really weird about it, it's not like any watch I have ever bought. It seems almost clinical. I know I am going to get shot down for what I said about buying a chinese product  but I am tempted at £110.

Time to retire to my bunker, put my hands over my ears and sing la la la la I can't hear you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chas g said:

https://g-shock.co.uk/ga-2110su-3aer?gclid=CjwKCAjw_JuGBhBkEiwA1xmbRfxS8V9pjCN1vUsHOpw7xAs80bE8r0Yu-AupTUpCICyDeRc2NhHuWhoC8jAQAvD_BwE

I must say that I really like it. There is something really weird about it, it's not like any watch I have ever bought. It seems almost clinical. I know I am going to get shot down for what I said about buying a chinese product  but I am tempted at £110.

Time to retire to my bunker, put my hands over my ears and sing la la la la I can't hear you.

You have the skills to buy a watch specifically suited to your friend for.. say £80.. then do a swap..

:evil9kf:

• Like 2

how about for 90 quid !? Mind you I wouldn’t buy anything until after Father’s Day .. some sites shops do try it on with their discounts etc but some are good buys .. also guessing some shops need the sales ?! :) anyroad nice watch 

M9JJefu.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Roarry said:

I like it alot. Any G is good fun. You need at least one!

I had a gshock before that I used for timing a weekly event which is all I really wanted but it had functions like times for high tides etc so I gave it away. This one is nice and simple.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chas g said:

I needed something to cheer me up so I bought this from H Samuel for £109. I even managed to set time/date etc without any problems. Hopefully this will be a keeper.

20210615_205120(0)~2.jpg

Very nice Chas, the g-shock for people who don't want a g-shock if you know what I mean. I think I like all the colourways for this model, especially yours, but not the all red. The transparent one someone mentioned earlier is particularly cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allthingsmustpass said:

The transparent one someone mentioned earlier is particularly cool.

All about personal taste, I look at that transparent one and see the beach "jelly shoes" my little sister wore on holiday in the 80's :laughing2dw:

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Bricey said:

All about personal taste, I look at that transparent one and see the beach "jelly shoes" my little sister wore on holiday in the 80's :laughing2dw:

“My little sister wore”:hmmm9uh:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Roxyben said:

Everyone needs a G Shock in their collection. Its the law!

Perhaps.. but mine just sits there.. lurking.. threatening my 50's Accurist and taking up more space than the slot width. 

It's growling, waiting on me replacing it's plastic case with a metal one so it can become a tank. A far too expensive tank that I might never wear and too unique to move out the collection. 

It's the Cuckoo in my watch nest.. I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

15 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

Leave it alone. I have one that never gets worn. Keeping it stops me from buying another one.

45 minutes ago, Bricey said:

<Bricey shudders at horrible memories of parents picking his adolescent wardrobe> 

:laughing2dw:

Has it had any long lasting effects?

image.png.858aaa64a2f72a0234e7fd66d1ed689c.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bricey said:

This watch and an adult pair of jelly shoes to match would be a fine display of sartorial elegance....on second thoughts, perhaps not :partytime:

10 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Wish that worked for me. Keep buying one, not liking it, then a while later I start thinking "maybe this G Shock..."

Been through all that, only problem was I got rid of the wrong one. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 21:39, chas g said:

I was about to curse you for tempting me :). Then I saw the case size - 48.5 is too much for my 6.5 inch wrist.

That was a narrow escape...

44 minutes ago, Thrudge said:

I was about to curse you for tempting me :). Then I saw the case size - 48.5 is too much for my 6.5 inch wrist.

6.5 inch wrist, they wear really small. C68FF2FE-BF15-4269-BEBE-F9F3BFD0E29C.thumb.jpeg.467e4a329b6bbc067c442ccb022c8cc7.jpeg
You’re welcome!

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Thrudge said:

Doesnt wear big at all but my wrist is 7.5"

Just now, Thrudge said:

Nooooo..... I am so going to get it in the neck if I buy another watch :swoon:

Funnily enough that was the one that broke my missus I think.

She’s given me up as a lost cause, again.