• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW Wednesday 16/06/21

Sometimes you get a watch and you know right away that it is right for you, it fits your tastes and is going to remain a favourite of yours for a long long time.

Whilst I'm really pleased with a number of my recent additions, this is absolutely my favourite.

aR2vg4s.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Morning,

Nowadays probably of interest only to fellow would-be completeists, this 1950s Guildhall bears all the tell-tale characteristics of having been produced by the original Newmark company of Croydon, not least being driven by a Newmark Cal. 13’’’.

An uncommon brand, made for the short-lived Guildhall Watch & Clock Co Ltd, once based at 58 Houndsditch, London.

Regards.

Guildhall before v.3.jpg

Guildhall Newmark 13''' before v.3.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Inspired by @Bricey's purchase of a rather lovely Mühle (and notwithstanding that he has chosen his Magrette today)  --  today I'm sporting the "cheapie" from Glashütte.

Zürich Braungold. 40mm steel. Nomos Epsilon automatic movement.

20210616a-1200.JPG

20190320b-1000.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Definitely a summery watch for today:

large.20210616_095843.jpg.71fff52679bff93fedf860421cf76e90.jpg

You'll not know how many steps you've made today now!

1 hour ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Nowadays probably of interest only to fellow would-be completeists, this 1950s Guildhall bears all the tell-tale characteristics of having been produced by the original Newmark company of Croydon, not least being driven by a Newmark Cal. 13’’’.

An uncommon brand, made for the short-lived Guildhall Watch & Clock Co Ltd, once based at 58 Houndsditch, London.

Regards.

Guildhall before v.3.jpg

Guildhall Newmark 13''' before v.3.jpg

Everyday is a school day, I will never tire of your posts sir.

:notworthy:

1 hour ago, Rotundus said:

Bob

Bob had 2 questions. Why was I still in bed ? Why was I still wearing my work watch from yesterday ? Why was my phone mire interesting in than him ? 

I know, but Bob is a cat :laughing2dw:

Either you or Bob having a problem with counting. :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2