• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Modifications to this Seiko Presage?

PuffingPanda

Question

Hello again Time Lords, I need to ask the community's advice on this one.

A short while ago I bought a Seiko Presage SARX033 (white dial, blue hands) as I was drawn to the contrast of silver white dial and casing against the blue hands. Being in lockdown, I couldn't view it in person but did loads of research online. 

SARX033.png

But when I received it I was disappointed by how dark the blue hands are and, unless they catch the light at just the right angle, they appear mostly black. As a result the overall appearance is somewhat dull as the blue doesn't "pop" against the white. Ive been trying to find out if someone could change the hands to a brighter/clearer blue for me but not having any luck. One modifier told me this wasn't a Seiko that had many mods parts suitable for it, but surely its cant be too difficult to replace just the hands if one has the right equipment?

Please can you let me know if changing the hands should be possible and , if so, any suggestions on who I could trust and approach to do this for me?

Much appreciated!

1 answer to this question

These would possibly be suitable.

Hands will fit a 6R15 movement from memory.

And a good Watch repairer will be able to do the swap for you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154274780791?hash=item23eb7e5677:g:Z~MAAOSwuwVf8b0S

You could also have the original hands repainted to a more suitable colour for you.

I do like Dauphine hands :yes:

• Thanks 1