UK Watch Forum banner

Sundays Youngsters

2K views 43 replies 33 participants last post by  Jet Jetski 
#1 ·
Happy Fathers Day all, Manual hand winder this morning.

yeVJ5TS.jpg

See less See more
#8 ·
Hmmm.... Looks like I might have to buy my own present, AGAIN!

Meanwhile, and wondering why we don't see more GPS corrected watches, this:

Watch Analog watch White Clock Everyday carry

A bargain from Cash Converters, if you ignore the hours of my life lost to the 1000 page instruction manual, to figure out how a GPS watch could be 5 days out!

Anyway, thus re-calibrated, Voila!

Hope the sun comes out.

It does two types of GPS correction, a time only, that literally takes 2 seconds, or a location and time, that takes a bit longer (for the triangulation, presumably).

Keep well.

JJ

Attachments

#30 ·
Benu Index

41mm WG. MG Kaliber 100.1 manual wind.

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Too large for me to wear comfortably, but a nice thing deserves some wrist time

20210620_081301
And, it is indeed a "nice thing" :yes:

Attachments

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Happy Father's Day to all you dads! :king: Hope you've been dusting up on your French phrases @Roger the Dodger to impress me with your Del chat! Bonjour!

8P9JWYC.jpg
Mais oui Cherie...mais oui! Mange tout, it's all gone a bit Creme de la menthe...

#13 ·
Casio Edifice EFV-100D-2AVUEF; a 40mm, sub-ÂŁ100 quartz with 100m water resistance, screw down crown, Japanese movement, mineral crystal and a stainless steel case that very closely resembles the Seiko SARB. There's also a 36mm version if 40mm is too big.

PicsArt_06-20-08.10.44

It's one of my throw on watches. No need to set the time. It has a simple, clean, sporty look that goes with pretty much anything. That blue dial has an electric blue sunburst that's only really noticeable in direct sunlight. The orange second hand is a nice touch, a little pop of colour. The lume is alright, better than it should be for the price.

The bracelet looks decent and it's comfortable. It's folded links, but the only giveaway is the weight. The screw down crown isn't smooth.

But... this watch is ÂŁ52 (!!!) on Amazon just now and it punches well above it's weight.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B079FWBC1X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&isTryState=0

#16 ·
A quick change on account of a round of 'strap-o-rama', I am supposed to run later, and on the basis that I may perspire, put this on rubber.

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Material property

I notice a few people also posting pictures of their cutlery, I keep this Buck in my gardening apron.

Automotive lighting Amber Automotive exterior Bumper Hood

HAGD

Attachments

#24 ·
Happy fathers day one and all.

My girls are amazing in that they see my head buried in this watch thing but still pay attention to the stuff that catches my eye, even if for a short while, a while ago.

Swatch released this watch in celebration of the Chinese New year over 6 months ago and I remarked how I liked it.

This was waiting for me this morning!

2021-06-20_10-42-38

Swatch Ox Rocks 2021!

I forget how fun these are to wear, being so light.

#31 ·
Package arrived from CNS (Sweden) so trying my Orient on a black rubber strap today - Also bought a tan leather & black leather (see below) - Happy Father's Day :toot:

orient rubber close

orient leather strap pair
I have my mince pies on one of these! Looks great.

Benu Index

41mm WG. MG Kaliber 100.1 manual wind.

View attachment 31883

And, it is indeed a "nice thing" :yes:
I like the kut of yer kalibre. :whistle:

#35 ·
Dreyfuss for a happy Sunday, along with my new Father's Day gift.

bTD4lEk.jpg

8x97OwL.jpg

LxZSvuA.jpg

Have a good one.
No way would my kids be daft enough to buy me a knife! :laugh:

I've managed to wheedle another watch by putting some towards it from my everlasting birthday money! Up there for thinking!

Very lazy Sunday for me.

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Plant

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.