• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Monday 21st WRUW

Back on with the winter clothes and yet it's the longest day, the summer solstice and the official start of summer today. From today, the nights start drawing in again. :sadwalk: Where's the sun? As more rain is forecast for our area today, it's back to something with a little WR....

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roxyben said:

A new arrival for me, been after one of these for quite a while, found one on ebay pretty much brand new. Love it, really happy with it. Just looks so unique, really has its own personality this watch. This is actually the 41mm version as opposed to the 44mm case that most of the reissued Oceanoagrapher's are. Think this version only recently came out. I wasn't even aware of a 41mm version until I came across this listing. So a slightly smaller watch and I think it works. The bracelet is nice also, a bit different to anything else in my collection as I don't have a jubilee style one yet on any of my watches so this covers that. The bezel is amazing also, the action on it feels like that of a watch in the £1000s! So yeah will probably have this on for the next week or so.

2021-06-21_08-13-41

I know that Green is "In" but I much prefer that, the size sounds better to/for me too. Nice find.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Morning,

Today this Rodania with a 21j Peseux 320 and an intractable aversion to being photographed by someone with my level of skill.

The company apparently started life as “Rodana” in about 1930, before the brand name was changed to Rodania in the 1940s.

Regards.

Rodania 4 v.3.jpg

Rodania Peseux 320 2019 2 v.3.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Today is a special day of (to me) a special person  --  so, a decent watch.  Benu Power Reserve.

I'm biased, of course, but having examined and fondled many examples from Lange and the trinity (and having very much wanted to fall in love, especially with Lange), I have so far not managed to find anything which comes close to the simplicity, harmony and quality provided by MG.

I was wearing another hand wound MG yesterday (it was Fathers' Day after all), and before putting it away I took a photo of the two together. The appalling discrepancy in time is because the black one was set yesterday morning.

202106021c-1200.jpg

202106021a-1200.thumb.jpg.d1fece18a16781202ea873dd59f5c4bb.jpg

202106021b-1200.jpg

Edited by yokel
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Bricey said:

Morning all.

I am trying, really trying, to find some love for my first ever g-shock, but I just Don think that this relationship is going to work out.

83v8zW9.jpg

Don't take this wrong, but I have been in the same boat with G-Shock's.

My first G-Shock was the 'CasiOak' and I just didn't quite get what all the fuss was about. I really wanted a G-Shock as part of the collection but I just had the wrong G-Shock for me.

I bought a GA-2000 and knew that I had picked the right one finally. Don't give up, there are loads to choose...you've just got to find the sweet spot.

61jck4BcqLL._AC_UX522_.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1