• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Wonderful Watches of Wednesday 23rd

7 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

This may cause palpitations in some quarters. I bought this last week and have been saving it till the date came right, because there's no quickset on a Felsa 692. It's a feminine 33mm case, but looks even smaller because of the bezel. A guy got it out of his pocket in the pub - no, okay, I bought it on Ebay and it was super cheap, I suppose because of the patina on the dial. I rather like it, kind of a marbling effect. And I can't see it under normal circumstances. It just looks a nicely aged yellow. :laugh:

Anyway, I've been investigating MuDu and found out some interesting things I haven't seen discussed anywhere else. Hence the potential for palpitations. But that's for another time. :)

MuDu Felsa 692MuDu Felsa 692

And look @SolaVeritate, "superautomatic". As significant as "deluxe" on a Ford Anglia I guess. :laugh:

MuDu case back

Nice watch. I like the marbled patina too. Superautomatic :tongue:.. yeah I thought so but I was also considering it might have had something to do with the BPH post - pre 1970s

Google - "Watches made prior to the 1970s usually had a rate of 5 beats per second (18,000 BPH). Current watches have rates of 6 (21,600 BPH), 8 (28,800 BPH) and a few have 10 beats per second (36,000 BPH)."

Anywhoo.. ours are "super" :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, andyclient said:

Mu du are a respected brand and normally sell well on their name   Mine says hi 

Yes, that's why I thought the patina must have put buyers off. It's working well, keeps good time. You have a very nice one there.

24 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Nice watch. I like the marbled patina too. Superautomatic :tongue:.. yeah I thought so but I was also considering it might have had something to do with the BPH post - pre 1970s

The MuDu is definitely pre-70s. My money would be on jewel count. "25 of our finest Swiss jewels sir." :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

This may cause palpitations in some quarters. It's a feminine 33mm case.. :nono:

Not really :thumbsup:

I can MuDu too...

1960's doublematic.

Cal: Felsa 4000N, '30' jewel :tongue:.

AgdidBV.jpg

tu99aQu.jpg

Jc8Ca6E.jpg

with original signed crown...

wLx7H04.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Not really :thumbsup:

I can MuDu too...

1960's doublematic.

Cal: Felsa 4000N, '30' jewel :tongue:.

AgdidBV.jpg

tu99aQu.jpg

Jc8Ca6E.jpg

with original signed crown...

wLx7H04.jpg

Yes, I remember seeing that before, it's a very fine example. Mine has a signed crown too, though I can't prove it's original.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spinynorman said:

This may cause palpitations in some quarters. I bought this last week and have been saving it till the date came right, because there's no quickset on a Felsa 692. It's a feminine 33mm case, but looks even smaller because of the bezel. A guy got it out of his pocket in the pub - no, okay, I bought it on Ebay and it was super cheap, I suppose because of the patina on the dial. I rather like it, kind of a marbling effect. And I can't see it under normal circumstances. It just looks a nicely aged yellow. :laugh:

Anyway, I've been investigating MuDu and found out some interesting things I haven't seen discussed anywhere else. Hence the potential for palpitations. But that's for another time. :)

MuDu Felsa 692MuDu Felsa 692

And look @SolaVeritate, "superautomatic". As significant as "deluxe" on a Ford Anglia I guess. :laugh:

MuDu case back

A rich history, I bought one as a birth year watch for my Dad a few years back.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Spill the beans! :yes: Got to love a MuDu. My dad got me one from 'a mate' at the factory where he worked but it's long gone now, Here's mine; always looking for others - particularly with cushion cases.

50226581687_b5a2d272fe_b.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Soon to be eligible for its telegram from HM the Q, this stem wind, pin set Services Despatch Rider would have been made in the early 1920s by Thiel Bros of Germany for Frank Liquorish’s Leicester-based Services Watch Co.

It runs on Thiel’s 13.5’’’ Divina movement which, although somewhat agricultural, can run surprisingly well when looked after.

Regards.

Services Despatch Rider 36mm before v.3.jpg

Services Despatch Rider 36mm Thiel Divina before v.2.jpg

Services Despatch Rider 36mm case back before v.2.jpg

I have been very close to acquiring one of these on a few occasions, but never quite taken the plunge.

• Like 1